Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application - Therrana Dawnrunner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Therrana

PostSubject: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:19 am

1. Character's name as it appears above your character's head: (if your character has a another name she/he uses IC, as well as last name or nick name, add those as well)

Therrana - Ther'rana Dawnrunner

2. Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:

Warrior/Spellbreaker(IC) 91

3. Professions:

Mining and Blacksmith OOC. Part time smith IC.

4. What IC motive does your character have to join a Task force?:

Looking for work in order to apply his skills and capabilities to earn money.

5. Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's motives and such)

Blunt and utterly honest, he speaks his mind. He is resilient and toughened by a length of combat service as well loyal to those he trusts.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

6. How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

Encountered in character

7. Why do you want to join us?:

Appear as though you are good roleplayers and I am seeking to find a guild for a favored character of mine.

8. Would you say you are a relaxed person with a good sense of humor, or do you often find yourself offended by controversial subjects, even when it's clearly just a joke instead of one's true opinion?

I would, the friends I have frequently exchange jokes and "Banter" in the fashion of sarcastic, belittling humor.

9. Your experience in WoW:

I've been playing wow since mid-TBC.

10. Your experience in roleplaying:

Been roleplaying since late wrath. First guild I joined on a long term character was the Mok'lohn Command on my tauren warrior "Naltokt", I rose to the position of Champion and co-run the guild during leader inactivity period with another officer. I've had experience in many other guilds at officer roles such as The Ashbourne Vanguard, Laminas and the House of Everdawn. This character has been in the Mar'kallor, Frozen Paw, Mok'lohn, House of Everdawn, Laminas and The Eclipse over a two year period.

11. Do you currently have any alts or mains in other roleplaying guilds?

I currently have two characters in other guilds, one is not massively active at this time.

12. Are you able to keep the following channels to In Character messages only, even when you are OOC yourself and think no one will be bothered by a bit of OOC in: /Say /emote /yell? Do you ever use brackets (()), and if so, why?

I can keep ooc and ic seperated where appropriate, I have no recollection of ever using brackets in any other channel than whisper.

13. Are you familiar with the terms: god-emoting, meta gaming & Mary Sue characters? Do you think you will be able to avoid such traps in your roleplay?

I am and I am confident that god/power emoting, metagaming and loldogdging will not feature in my roleplaying.

14. Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play during the day/week etc.)

I am a twenty year old male from the UK, I currently have a part time job working weekend shifts thus making me unavailable for RP on saturday and sunday nights but I have a large amount of free time to devote to gaming as interest takes me, at times i'll spend most of my week on WoW and other times i'll split my time between gaming with friends.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:31 am

I'm curious. What's this about?

Furthermore, your RPflag says your character is 19 years old. I find it very unlikely that a 19 year old elf would have mastered magic to such degree that they would be even close to becoming immune to the most powerful of magics and also able to steal them from other casters.
Back to top Go down
Therrana

PostSubject: Re: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:01 am

I applied mixed blood due to his parentage not being purely sin'dorei but not being something you could look at and tell from his outward appearance. Unknown to him until recently his mother was a half elf, I made Ther to RP with a friend who's characters backstory fitted together to produce a child, it's not a significant attribute to his IC goings-on anymore. He hasn't mastered magic to an immense level, he's trained focused skills within the Spell Breaker arts, he can ward himself from spells in the form of creating shields out of arcane magic, he can counter and manipulate small spells but struggles when handling larger and more powerful spells. His immunity is only just starting to develop, he wouldn't be able to withstand a direct strike from a spell, just a more passive effect.
Back to top Go down
Galan

Character sheet
Name: Galan Tenderheart
Class: Monk
PostSubject: Re: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:36 am

The Spellbreakers are now a defunct class. The only Spellbreakers in existence are a lone squad as evidenced here. The specific quote being;

Quote :
Q: What has become of the blood elf Spellbreakers?
A: While they were already few in number to begin with, the ranks of this formidable fighting force were thinned drastically when their headquarters on the Isle of Quel'Danas was overwhelmed by Kael'thas and his Burning Legion forces. The lone squad that remains now exists as a relic of a bygone era, as the Spellbreakers have refrained from training any new recruits since Kael'thas's betrayal.

As your character is only 19 and it is now Year 31ADP, this would leave him at the age of 14 when the Spellbreakers stopped teaching their craft. That means to have had any training at all... He'd have had to be at an incredibly INCREDIBLY young age. What's more, with your characters description being along the lines of;

Quote :
5. Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's motives and such)

Blunt and utterly honest, he speaks his mind. He is resilient and toughened by a length of combat service as well loyal to those he trusts.

I find it particularly hard to believe that he's truly had all that time to be as toughened as you say he is. This "length of combat" thing is also dubious due to the fact that in Elven terms the boy is still merely that. A boy.

On the grounds that your character has several qualities deemed "special" for simply the sake of being special, plus what seems to be a lack of research on the actual role that you wish to play it leaves me with the unfortunate position of having to decline this application at this time.

In the future, I strongly recommend you read through the numerous lore sources available on Wowpedia plus any cited sources in specific links for further information on roles, classes and races that you wish to play.

In addition, to help you get a strong feel for the many varied factions at play in the World of Warcraft I recommend you read through the guides provided by All the worlds a stage, the complete guide to Roleplay in World of Warcraft.

On a personal note, I also recommend that you keep your character simple within the realms of the class that you wish to play. A Spellbreaker on their own with a history of betrayal, unique training, their downfall, and the stagnation of their way of life is a very unique area to RP in itself. There needn't be anything special thrown in to spice up an already very exciting character premise.

At this time, we are unable to accept your application. If you wish to reapply, please leave a sufficient grace period before applying again and we'll reconsider your new application based on the merits of your new application only.

If you would like further feedback on your character, I will leave this thread open for the time being so that you may reply in time.
Back to top Go down
Kristeas

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Class: Blood Knight

PostSubject: Re: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:30 am

But have't spellbreaker made a bit of a comeback since the Isle of Thunder?
Although a blood elf that young would likely just be starting some training if he has impressed the relevant figures.
Back to top Go down
Galan

Character sheet
Name: Galan Tenderheart
Class: Monk
PostSubject: Re: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:36 pm

They don't so much as make a comeback, as much as they just 'appear'.

It's far more likely that in the efforts to take the Isle of Thunder, Lor'themar pulled out all of his tricks. That included making sure the Spellbreakers were earning their keep.
Back to top Go down
Therrana

PostSubject: Re: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:57 pm

He's served in the Mar'kallor, The Mok'lohn, and the Stoneface clan, the Stoneface he was in for quite a while and they were exceptionally tough on their members, three events a week ( at least ) and each was ended with a mass free for all unarmed brawl. Aside from the orcish guilds he also served as a Guardian in the House of Everdawn, a Squad Leader for the front line assault team in Laminas, a Black Guard which functions as personal guardians to the leading council of The Eclipse, he's had quite a fair amount of combat experience to toughen him up. I also believe the logic you apply of him being literally a boy to make very little sense, if it took any 50 years to mature to adulthood, that would mean they would of spent many, many years as a defenseless child and natural selection would of wiped them out long ago. I've always gone by the logic of elves aging normally until their physical prime so 20-25 and then their bodily aging slow way down.

He's been taught what spell breaker techniques he knows by training from his father, hence why I said he isn't trained fully as he simply hasn't had the time to perfect that much. For quite a while I had "Novice" in his MRP but I took it out to shorten the title down a little.
Back to top Go down
Kaleil

Character sheet
Name: Kaleil Sunstrike
Class: Blood Knight

PostSubject: Re: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Going by everything you've said and how you say that 18 is not "a boy" for me the long list of traits that he has makes it unbelievable to me at such a young age. Sorry you got declined though. All the best for the future.

Galan Edit: By your own admission, your character hasn't reached the point where you believe Sin'dorei reach physical maturity. I'm personally in the camp that Elves reach physical maturity at the age of 18, but to go from age 18 to 19 and having served in so many high ranking prestigious roles? It leaves me scratching my head as to what they were doing accepting your character in the first place, never mind giving him such high ranking roles. Additionally, the fact that he now applies to the Sin Belore despite having gone through all of these Guilds doesn't really lend much credence to both the character and the credibility of these guilds longevity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Therrana Dawnrunner   

Back to top Go down

Application - Therrana Dawnrunner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1