Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application - Wehlaen Silverwalker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wehlaen

Character sheet
Name: Wehlaen Silverwalker
Class: Templar
PostSubject: Application - Wehlaen Silverwalker   Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:42 pm

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

1. Character's name as it appears above your character's head: (if your character has a another name she/he uses IC, as well as last name or nick name, add those as well)
OOC: Sílverwalker IC: Wehlaen Silverwalker Nickname: Silver

2. Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:
Warrior (IC Argent Dawn Templar (you have a Runemaster, I trust this won't be an issue since they're from the same RPG book)) 100 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/S%C3%ADlverwalker/simple

3. Professions:
Mining and Jewelcrafting

4. What IC motive does your character have to join a Task force?:
Wehlaen has been a member of the Argent Crusade for a long time, but due to the indecision and subsequent inaction of the Highlord Tirion Fordring and therefor the Argent Crusade, he has decided to find a place where his abilities might be of more use.

5. Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's motives and such)
Little is known about Wehlaen before he joined the Argent Dawn, as low skilled priest, shortly after the corruption of his body by the fel taint.

After proving his abilities with a two-handed sword, Wehlaen was granted the possibility to try out to become a Crusader, and passed as with the lowest score possible. This compelled him to improve his abilities to which resulted in countless hours at a training dummy and in spars against any aspirant willing.

With time he got better and that lead to where he is now.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

6. How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:
I've been seeing you about Silvermoon, believe it or not the first time I heard about you was from my ex-wife, where she complained about someone from the guild mentioning something about her DK. Since then I've been RP'ing with a few members on my alt (Krenae) and found it to be enjoyable.

7. Why do you want to join us?:
To be with two friends, and hopefully get some new once, while finding some different opinions and views on the state of Blood elf RP.

8. Would you say you are a relaxed person with a good sense of humor, or do you often find yourself offended by controversial subjects, even when it's clearly just a joke instead of one's true opinion?
I would say I'm relaxed yes. I don't have a problem with controversial topics, infact getting the opinion on some of the topics might even be beneficial to some people.

9. Your experience in WoW:
I've been playing since TBC (would have done sooner, but my laptop couldn't load the textures. White models everywhere) and not taken any actual breaks. I started out as an PvP'er then slowly grew over to an PvE'er and now I'm an RP'er.

10. Your experience in roleplaying:
I've been a Live-action Roleplayer for many years, before I first got into WoW RP around 2010 or so. It was a bit of a tough transition especially trying to understand why people were so obsessed with using "would", I still don't entirely do it, since it is an expressions of something, someone wants to do, but don't. (Maybe that's elitist of me, but eh). I started out on Alliance, and slowly grew over to a more neutral stance where I was part of Mardenholde Dawn/Accord for a good 3½ years, I think (the memory isn't what it used to be). Some things happened that involved my ex-wife and now I'm on Horde side.

11. Do you currently have any alts or mains in other roleplaying guilds?
Krenae is, as you might remember my character in Division Twenty Three. But aside from that, no.

12. Are you able to keep the following channels to In Character messages only, even when you are OOC yourself and think no one will be bothered by a bit of OOC in: /Say  /emote /yell? Do you ever use brackets (()), and if so, why?
I believe I can, although I've always gone with correcting spelling errors in /e with a - * )), since people aren't always in a party or in the same guild, and if you're in a big group of people, or surrounded by other RP'ers, you can't whisper them all with the same correction. That said, at this point I don't correct that much anymore out of respect to those, that lose their immersion because of it.

13. Are you familiar with the terms: god-emoting, meta gaming & Mary Sue characters? Do you think you will be able to avoid such traps in your roleplay?
God-emoting is why I prefer /roll fights over freeform, I don't wish to spend hours upon hours trying to resolve a fight, unless the dice will it so.

Meta gaming is one of the most annoying things in the world, and I don't want to get anywhere near that, of course you might be worried if something happens that could involved the Division, I might meta knowing about it, but I do not wish to do such things, it would take away the value of the RP.

Mary Sue doesn't annoy me as such, if there's a character concept I don't like I usually ignore it, in terms of things going too fast, it might be a bit of a problem depending on the counterparts involved, but I do like a good slowly evolving RP story.

14. Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play during the day/week etc.)
I'm a 26-year-old male, currently catching up on what equates to High school in my country. I used to have a job as a cleaner in a night club, sadly it has or will be (depending on when this is read) closed as of the 1st of April. This of course means my Saturdays are now completely free to use as I see fit. I usually spend most of my time on wow, when I get back from school, since we don't do stuff like homework. So I'd be saying some 6+ hours a day.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application - Wehlaen Silverwalker   Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello!

Your application looks otherwise good, but unfortunately the OOC name is against our naming rules. The name that floats above your character's head should be the first name, instead of last (yes, I am aware that might sound strange, but these are our rules).
If you were to get a name change, you'd be more than welcome to join the guild. Or if you wish to apply with another character that has a name more fitting to our requirements, that's fine too.

You can read more about our naming rules >  HERE <
Back to top Go down

Application - Wehlaen Silverwalker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1