Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application of Salerias

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Salerias

PostSubject: Application of Salerias   Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:38 am

[1] Character's name: Salerias Sel'istari

[2] Character's class and level: In Character: Sun Mage, Out Of Character: Discipline Priest. Level:6, but i level swift. By the time this Application is awnsered, i'll probably be level10.

[3] Professions: Going for Enchanting. And mining.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: A Sun Mage, Salerias has devoted her entire life to magic and enchantment of artifacts. Wanting to use her skills for the bigger picture of Elvish Society, Salerias wants to join the Sin Belore.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
Born into a wealthy Elven family, Salerias was inducted into a magical university at an early age. Graduating from the university, Salerian moved to the isle of Quel'Danas to train in the use of Sun Magic. Learning the diverse art of enchanting, Salerias was not present during the Scourge's attack on Eversong Woods, as she was on a small mission to Dalaran. Hearing the news of her Elven home, the destruction of her family, and the death of the Elves beloved king, Salerian remained in Dalaran for the time being, before returning to the slowly rebuilding Eversong, now ruled by Lor'themar and the Blood Elves (this was after the death of Kael'Thas).
After the shattering effects of the Cataclysm tore the world apart, yet seemingly spared Silvermoon, Salerias wished to join a orginisation that would aid the bigger picture of Elvish society. So, she tried to join the Sin Belore.

OTHER INFO:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: I have been in The Three Hammers for years, only a few years after it was founded, i joined. And i have seen many battles in my time. Sin Belore was always a part of these W-PvP battles, and i concluded that they must be just the opposite of TTH, a Only-Belf guild.

[7] Why do you want to join us?: Im experienced in many forms of RP, Troll, Dwarf, Human Paladin and Magi and an odd Techno-Gnome. I just wanted to return to my first RP race that i really RPed with, and that was on AD, where i played an Blood Elf. I wanted to join a PvP-RP Blood Elf guild however, and so believed -already having fought you guys for a long time- that Sin Belore is something for me.

[8] Your experience in WoW: 4 and a bit of solid playing. I've been playing since very late vanilla and early TBC.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying: Only a few months after joining the game, i sought for an RP realm, and found Argent Dawn. Back in those days, it was a paradise for RP, but i longed for more. Now i am a true DB Roleplayer, and hope to continue so.

[10] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)
I play alot, i go to school, so i would sometimes be gone for a bit to do exams (i hope you understand that even -i- have a life, and exams are sometimes more important) I am 15 years of age, but do not act as if i am an immature berk, because i am not in the slightest a child. My imagination is solid and i can easily think of long RP stories.

Well, i hope i can join!

Last edited by Salerias on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application of Salerias   Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:42 pm

While the rest of the application looks okay, I am wary of this part: Sun magi.

What on earth is a sun magi?
The only place where I have seen this are the Shattered sun mages in Shattrath, with misspelled names.
Magi is the plural of mage. Surely your character is just one mage, not an army of them?
Back to top Go down
Aithon

Character sheet
Name: Aithon Brightwatcher
Class: Paladin
PostSubject: Re: Application of Salerias   Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Well, Mirror image does the trick.
Back to top Go down
Salerias

PostSubject: Re: Application of Salerias   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Well, to awnser your question. Sun Magi was just my idea to explain her holy powers. I dont have an amazing understanding of Blood Elf priest magic, but i wanted my character to get it from something else, not just the Paladin way. If you want me to change, i'll certainly change it to something more in the bounderies of lore.

Edit: Changed it to 'Sun Mage' because someone just reminded me 'magi' means multiple magic-users.
Back to top Go down
Kristeas

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Class: Blood Knight

PostSubject: Re: Application of Salerias   Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:28 pm

What would you mean the paladin way, like human paladins praying to the holy light, or like proper Blood Knights drawing magic from the Sunwell itself?

Praying to the holy light was used by high elven priests back before the invasion. The invasion made a lot of priests turn away from the light because it didn't help (and the Blood Knights drained Naaru). But now I'd say that the Sunwell (it has both arcane and light magic now) could be used by priests and blood knights aswell.
Back to top Go down
Salerias

PostSubject: Re: Application of Salerias   Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Well, you are making me think all new kinds of background possibilities for this character, you clever person! I guess she started off at the Isle of Quel'danas, getting taught to use the Sunwells magics for more holy purposes, and now that we have it back, i say that she uses it again. For the time when she was in Dalaran, she learnt how to use the Holy Light via praying, but she never quite got used to it.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application of Salerias   Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:14 pm

I suggest you leave the Sun Mage title, since it has nothing to do with blood elf lore and will only raise eyebrows. Light is Light and a Priest is a Priest.

We rarely make the exception of allowing people under the age of 16 into the guild, but you seem like the kind of person we could make an exception for.

Contact Nessra, Celistra or Kristeas ingame for an IC interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application of Salerias   

Back to top Go down

Application of Salerias
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1