Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rishnae - application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rishnae

PostSubject: Rishnae - application   Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 pm

CHARACTER INFO:

[1] Character's name: (if your character has a last name or nick name, we would like to know those as well) Rishnae Maeths'ful
[/color]
[2] Character's class and level: Warrior Level 5

[3] Professions: Mining and Engineering

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: She does not want to but has agreed to do so at her parents' request. They are concerned, that her interests in racially and socially inappropriate matters such as engineering and mining are indicative of at best an ignorance and at worst a disdain for her own Blood Elven heritage. Rishnae has agreed to apply to Sin Belore as it will allow her to leave home, but mostly because she thinks that service is important and that the expectations of her will be different than those of her parents. She also secretly feels that the the group camraderie a military unit can provide will perhaps enable a closeness to others that she has not yet experienced in her personal friendships.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section - please ensure you give us something to work with!*
Born in Fairbreeze Village in the Eversong Woods region, Rishnae, is a young woman who has always been considered something of an oddity - her parents Magisters and investigators of the arcane at Falthrien Academy, where they met, discovered their daughter's interests had diverged from their etheral and intellectual pursuits to the visceral and physical world of the warrior. She was a diligent and capable student but always the pursuit of other then Blood Elven knowledge seemed to occupy her. Finally, having developed into a young adult and showing no signs of becoming less concerned with these matters that had always tended to keep her separate from her peers, they had spoken to her about various possibilities that might have allowed her to become more immersed in her own culture and people - to find a place where she could perhaps be more obviously who they believed her to be. For her part, the military life and having some kind of goal to achieve, a common cause to work towards that is of a practical nature, is an essential opportunity that a guild like Sin Belore offers.

My parents and I looked at a number of guilds that were available and this si the one that suited their needs best. I feel that my needs, although different form theirs, will also be served by entering SIn Belore. Although the choice is driven by my parents, I am no less committed because of that. My word is my bond - when I make an agreement I will stick to it, no matter the personal cost.

I crave meaning in the world of Azeroth. It seems to often arbitrary and random in this strange world of ours and the recent Cataclysm has caused me to look further than Evensong Wooods for the first time. I have a capacity to believe but need something to believe in. I hope that SIn Belore will help me to discover a purpose as well as providing a place in the world. Also, someone I respected once told me that if I died, my friends would not mourn me long - I thought that this was true and something I would like to change.

OTHER INFO:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: I was looking for a genuine roleplaying experience - saw the Sin Belore entry on ingame guildfinder and then looked at the website. I was impressed with the website and the aims and conventions set out therein.

[7] Why do you want to join us?: I was impressed with the website and the aims and conventions set out therein. I'm really interested to see and experience how this type of guild works - I would like something more than a social guild although I enjoy those very much - their is something about fgetting the most out of WOW that a genuine role playing guild seems to suggest. I like the Belf toon a great deal and would like one to be my main. I think guilding is one of th emost important parts of the game.

[8] Your experience in WoW: OOC 71 Priest, 63 Priest, 85 Druid on other servers.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:[b] OOC Despite always playing on RP servers I find the opportunities in game to be extremely limited, hence my application to SIn Belore.
[b][/color]
[10] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)

I am 30 years old, currently unemployed and awaiting a new job to begin - hopefully in about four weeks time, after which my play will be restricted to evenings and weekends.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application.

Last edited by Rishnae on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shelis

Character sheet
Name: Shelis "Myst" Dawnrose
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Rishnae - application   Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello Rishnae,

After reading through your application, I noticed a few things.

First of all, questions 6 and 7 are meant to be OOC ones while I have no doubts about them being written as IC ones in your application.

Second of all, there are a few imperfections in the application.
For example, Fairbreeze is certainly -not- on the Sunstrider Island.
Another example might be your character's last name. Take no offense, but it sounds as belvish to me as Bob.
I admit, I had to google to see who's Felendren. To be fair, I like how is the part written, but I can't say I'm happy about people claiming to kill something IC-wise. We have TBC expansion for how long now, four-five years? And IC-wise in WoW it's even longer. I doubt there would be a Wretched to be killed in Eversong for that long. Maybe just my opinion.
Some lines are confusing to me. Perhaps it's just my lack of skills of the language, but when I read the line "She also secretly desires camraderie as friendships have always been difficult for her." I have to admit I have no clue what to think about this one.

I'm not saying -no- as I'm always happy to see new people showing interest in the guild. Although some things better be corrected before we can accept you to avoid future misunderstanding.

Wait for opinion(s) of another officer. You have my -yes- vote if you clear up some points I've written above.
When approved, feel free to contact me (Shelis), Drathun, Kaleil, Nessra or Celistra for an IC interview after which you will be accepted to the guild.
Back to top Go down
Rishnae

PostSubject: Re: Rishnae - application   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Shelis

Thanks for the feedback - I have made several adjustments according to your suggestions including amending the schoolgirl error about the geographical location of Rishnae's home village and making the surname more belvish. Further to that, I was suggesting that because friendships had always been difficult for her - she believes that being part of a group might be the closest she can get to that - I hope for her sake that is not true but it was intended to give a sense of the disaffection she had experienced and why she would agree to joining a Belf military unit despite her apparent interests and concerns. ALso, I wanted the story to be as close to the character's experiences as possible, hence Felendren's inclusion (I know almost every Belf has killed him but not everyone uses it as part of the backstory Smile. Please let me know if these changes are sufficient for the purpose of the application.

Rishnae
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Rishnae - application   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Otherwise everything looks good, but you need to remove the Felendren part. Roleplaying and game mechanics are two different things. Your character may have killed some wretched, but one should never claim that they have killed any living or dead NPC. (Same goes for being closely related to, being friends with, or working with any living or dead character in warcraft lore)
Back to top Go down
Drathun

Character sheet
Name: Drathun
Class: Warlock
PostSubject: Re: Rishnae - application   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Looks good to me, contact any of the already mentioned for an IC interview, I'll be having examinations however, so I'm only available on Friday and in the weekend.
So, contact anyone but me if the interview is urgent!
Back to top Go down
Rishnae

PostSubject: Re: Rishnae - application   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks for the explanation Nessra - my knowledge of the difference between rp and game mechanics is clearly limited but I would like to learn more about it. I've amended as suggested.

Rishnae
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rishnae - application   

Back to top Go down

Rishnae - application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1