Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application - Hyraliam Sunsong

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyraliam

PostSubject: Application - Hyraliam Sunsong   Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 pm

CHARACTER INFO:

[1] Character's name: Hyraliam Sunsong

[2] Character's class and level: 60 Paladin

[3] Professions: Enchanting and Mining

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: IC: He feels obliged to fight for his homeland as during the third war he was not present in Quel´thalas. Insteed served in a regiment defending Lordaeron and later fled out into the wilds when he found out of the "split" from the alliance. (in short terms)

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: Hyraliam is around hundredeighty years old and born in Lordaeron as it is called today. He was before the end of the third war a Paladin of the silver hand and to this day still clings much to the old traditions of that time. He did not embraces the twisted ways he thought the first blood knights used to power themselves and so went into exile in the woodlands of northern Lordaeron. When he heard of the naaru in outland and the scryars he sat out to make it his life goal to once again become "one with the light" as he says. As he have now returned to elven lands again he feels he should start to help rebuild the elven civilazation and settle down on his native soil again. Hyraliam is a very devout student of the light and he trains hard not to succumb to the magic addiction. He does not despice magic but likes to keep it on a "manageable distance" (blood elf standards though;) ) Defending the weak and defensless is very prestigeous for him and one may call him a little naive for almost always trying to see the good in a person. The teachings of the naaru and the time he spent with the scryars and shattred sun offensive have left him with much disstaste for deamons and fel energy, but will always try to "help" lost souls find a way back.

OTHER INFO:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: /general; "Im new to the horde RP community, hepl hepl" Razz

[7] Why do you want to join us?: Why not? You seem to be a great RP guild and im a sucker for elves...win win situation right.

[8] Your experience in WoW: Beta gamer, old timer, sage...

[9] Your experience in roleplaying: I play this game for the RP mostly, so during my hmm...seven? Years in wow I´ve had my fair share so to speak.
[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?. Yes ofcourse...and I always do.
[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay? : Im aware of that yes...simple question. I avoid it like plague...

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: 28 year old male, work daytime/night time (shift) at a fruit company as a Quality manager. Free time is dedicated to martial arts wich I´ve trained since I was 8 and Im now teaching since many years back. Friendly, happy and encouraging is what I always strive for.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application - Hyraliam Sunsong   Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Nice application Smile

I have one question though:
How did he cope with his fel magic addiction in the woodlands of northern Lordaeron? Did he grab a fel crystal with him when he went into exile, or what exactly happened?
Provided that before the restoration of the Sunwell, he would either have died if he had no fel magic to feed on, or stayed as High elf if someone fed him regular magic instead.

Anyhow, do contact one of our officers: Celistra, Darilas, Nessra, Thuradas, and we will arrange an IC interview for your character.
Back to top Go down
Hyraliam

PostSubject: Re: Application - Hyraliam Sunsong   Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:43 am

*smiles* I knew someone was gonna pick up on that. Truth is I kinda need some opinions on this as I havent decided that best IC reason for it. I would prefer him to have lived of "ordinary" magic essence in the woodlands wich he aqquired from fellow High elves from such places as Quel´lithien and Quel´danil lodge. As such he remaind a High elf for that time and only until recent returnd to embrace the "sin´dorei" ways. I dont know what sounds more likely? I know high elves have the option to "rejoin" the kingdom of quel´thalas again but then the need to become blood elves.

well...im rambling..thoughts opinions...
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application - Hyraliam Sunsong   Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:25 am

Quote :
All high ranking high elves in the Alliance have ready access to arcane currents to feed upon, which keeps them from feeling the same level of agony as their brethren. For example, a large Moon Well, a fount of mystical energies, sits in the park of Stormwind open for all to observe and bathe. The elven body automatically absorbs energy from the area around it, and such a high saturation that rivals the Well of Eternity's waters supplies their demand nicely.
Source: wowwiki on high elves

This is ended with a "citation needed" and it states "high ranking" but as I understand this, there needs to be some source of "mystical energies" to keep you from feeling withdrawn. Groups of High Elves probably had/have something they could feed on, but I wouldn't honestly know what that is. I think the difficulty lies in going solo into the woods.

It also seems that Quel'Lithien Lodge Elves became Wretched due to some "item of seductive engery".

Quel'Danil Lodge seems to have had a better future. They're not too kind to the Forsaken, though Smile.

So in short, the exile seems to be the tricky bit. You would need access to those mentioned "mystical sources", maybe by sneaking around High Elven places?

Just my interpretation of Wiki info. Hope I am not completely full of nonsense Smile.
Back to top Go down
Hyraliam

PostSubject: Re: Application - Hyraliam Sunsong   Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:45 am

Sounds fair what you posted, well I mean there could have been some groups of High elves Hyraliam went along with and Its only until recently that Quel`lithin fell. Anyway, I´ll think of something in that fashion.

Back to top Go down
Thuradas

Character sheet
Name: Thuradas Sunray
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application - Hyraliam Sunsong   Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Well, you can sort that out personally since we don't need it further for the interview!
But I hope you have green eyes like all Sin'Dorei, or we'll have to force you to tap from Fel energy and get green eyes anyway... it's really up to you. Converting Quel'Dorei to Sin'Dorei ICly is awesome to do xD!

Still, you can still poke one of the officers! These are, Me (Thuradas) Nessra, Darilas and Celistra.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Hyraliam

PostSubject: Re: Application - Hyraliam Sunsong   Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:58 pm

Have to let you know I work late shift this week and thats why i shine with my abbsence! Sad
So Im not inactive or have forgotten you, I´ll whisp an officer as soon as im avaliable for gaming!

//D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Hyraliam Sunsong   

Back to top Go down

Application - Hyraliam Sunsong
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1