Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application - Falaël

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Falaël

PostSubject: Application - Falaël   Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:31 pm

[1] Character's name ingame: (if your character has a last name or nick name, add those as well): Falaël Lightbringer

[2] Character's class and level: Level 1 Paladin (I created this character to start playing RP)

[3] Professions: TBD

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: Falaël has always been an active member of Silvermoon society, willing to defend the city of any foe. He has done that on his own but he is convinced he could do much more in an organized group.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section - please ensure you give us something to work with!*

I was born under the rule of High King Anasterian Sunstrider 110 years ago in the crown jewel of the civilized world, our capital of Silvermoon City. My parents were both priestess and since I was a child they taught me the ways of the light. I grew up strong and confident in that light and as soon as the last descendent of the Arathi bloodline ask for help to the High Elves I enlisted in the troops led by our King who joined The Alliance of Lordaeron in the second war.

What I saw during that war convinced me to use the light not only to heal but to defend all that is good against evil and I became a Paladin; but I refused to become a Blood Knight; they drained the powers of an imprisoned naaru to empower them, that was wrong ¡¡

After the dramatic turn of events of the Third War and the annihilation of the Sunwell I was desperate and followed our prince, Kael'thas Sunstrider, new teachings to drain fel magic from demons in order to retake our homeland. We did wrong but there were no other choice, were it…

The light told me we were wrong, fel magic will destroy us sooner or later. When Kael’thas came back from Outland a demon himself, I joined the Shattered Sun Offensive which defeated him and ruined his plot to summon Kil'jaeden the Deceiver. After the draenei prophet Velen purified the Sunwell with the Light-infused heart of a fallen naaru, transforming the fount into a source of holy light, I was sure now we have entered into a shining new era for our race.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: Guild finder, Wikia, Google...

[7] Why do you want to join us?: I am a begginer in RP but want to learn in an organized group, it seems a very good guild to start for me as I love blood elves and discipline.

[8] Your experience in WoW: I have been playing for several months now, 5-6. I have a lot of fun on my own but I am sure I can improve my experience by joining a well organized guild as it seems to be yours.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying: Very little, I know the basics but I learn quickly.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? I would like to do just RP, all my playing time so it sounds just what I want.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay? No, I am not.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.) I am 32, live in Madrid (Spain), work in the alliance department of a Multinational Software Vendor as Partner Manager. I normally play a couple of days during the week when I get home (around 20.00 - 21.00 h) and on the weekends in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Thuradas

Character sheet
Name: Thuradas Sunray
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application - Falaël   Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:38 am

Hi there!

It doesn't look that bad to me, seems you read up on the lore before applying. Which is a good thing... I noticed that you were new, which is awesome. The more the merrier! I'll give you a brief explanation of Meta-gaming and God-emoting.

Meta-gaming : This is when you use information granted by you OOCly ( Out-of-character ) for IC ( In-Character) use. For example someone told you over whisper that there is a secret meeting going on somewhere in the Ungoro Crater! Your character, would have no idea that there was a meeting, let alone know where it is.... yet he still shows up at the meeting.

God-emoting : This is something you do when you do an emote which affects another character. For example.
"Thuradas lashes out with his weapon severing Nessra her head from her shoulders!"
This is a god emote because Nessra has no means to defend herself because you forced the choice of decapitation on her character. If you want to avoid this do it like this.
"Thuradas lashes out with his weapon in an attempt to severe Nessra her head from her shoulders!"
Now, you gave her an option. Either her head gets taken off. Or she can counter-emote, emoting that she deflects the blow.
Sometimes a "god emote" occurs... but only when both parties agree on this first due to OOC whispers for example!

I hope I informed you enough about these things... and if things are unclear just reply on this post Smile

You can also contact one of the officers for an interview in my opinion. Whisper me (Thuradas) Nessra, Celistra, Darilas or Craitos for such an interview!
Back to top Go down
Falaël

PostSubject: Re: Application - Falaël   Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Thuradas, thanks for your replay and for the explanation, a very good one, by the way.

I will be one week away in my company kick off (in Cancun, not bad). As soon as I am back, I will contact you or one of the officers to arrange the interview.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Falaël   

Back to top Go down

Application - Falaël
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1