Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sequoian Dawnstar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sequoian

PostSubject: Sequoian Dawnstar   Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

[1] Character's name ingame: (if your character has a last name or nick name, add those as well)

Sequoian Dawnstar

[2] Character's class and level:

[OOC] Mage - 74 [IC] Battle-Mage/Spellsword

[3] Professions:

[OOC] Enchanting and Tailoring [IC] Enchanting and Inscription.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:

The move from the Eastern Kingdoms to Northrend had made it difficult to remain connected to his race as a whole. What little time he had to himself was usually spent at Quel'thalas. Joining the Kirin'tor in his earlier years, his studies turned to Mana-addiction and the corruptive effects of Magic in Azerothian races shortly after the fall of his homeland and the plight the Sin'dorei faced sustaining themselves. He found himself less connected with his people, being locked away in libraries and dealing with Dalarani affairs when he himself needed escape from his, and his peoples dreadful fate.

As of late, the Sunwell being restored, he has found his studies and interest for them waning. Returning to his land, and mainly Silvermoon every so often to witness the progress the Sin'dorei made. However these visits prove disheartening to him, finding he himself becoming forgotten. All he once knew had moved on or passed away. Those who had remained behind, survived resiliantly against their would-be fate he feels disconnected from, longing to share in his peoples fortune and plights.. to -feel- Sin'dorein.

His latest visit, as fate would have it, he happens upon some Sin'Belore recruitment material, asking around he's pointed in the direction of their headquarters. Discovering the adress he wastes no time, teleporting to his quarters in the Violet Citadel to write a letter of application immediately!

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section - please ensure you give us something to work with!*

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

Defias-rp.com (Helmfrid) / word of mouth.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:

I'm primarily an Alliance roleplayer. However, Sin'dorei have always been my favourite race. Human are boring as a fantasy race but it has so much diversity. My first ever roleplay character was infact a Sin'dorei. A Blood-Knight named Sequoian. Names after the suposedly everliving tree, the Sequoia. I thought it was fitting, given their racial history and the path of the Blood-Knight. Anyhoo, Sequoian, the Mage I'm applying on, is a tip of the hat to my roots as a roleplayer, my love for the race and the 'everliving' tree.

[8] Your experience in WoW: (Added Roleplay in here too)

I started playing at the end of Classic, nothing serious. I played with a friend and we joked around and levelled. I quit and came back mid-TBC and levelled solo, it took some time and before I knew it WotLK came out. By then I had a firm grasp on the game and decided to race to 80 on release. I raided, and have been, every raid in the game since Naxxramas 25man at a semi-hardcore level. During breaks I started looking for something else to do, which led me to roleplay given my massive love for Warcraft lore and novels (shoot me).

When we cleared a raid I ended up creating a character, Sequoian, on Argent Dawn. I kept finding myself compelled to log on him more often than I actually planned to. Going through IC stories and plots. Casual guard roleplay in Silvermoon, meeting new people IC and OOC. Eventually I was turning down raids to roleplay! Then I took a break when the guild collapsed and focussed on Raiding until the end of Tier 11.

When the Tier 10 (Icecrown Citadel) content dried up I decided to make a few roleplay characters in Defias Brotherhood. All Alliance. There was a thug, a paladin, a mage and a hunter. Nothing too complex but I began to flex my roleplay muscles. Being involved in so much roleplay eventually took its toll on me, being still quite new to it all. Cataclysm was released and I raced to 85 and started to raid again. Nothing much to be said, same as before. Raid and Roleplaying, rp on downtime.

To some up my two most notable characters (may not be to Horde roleplayers) would be

Cyrdain Mistflay - Officer of the Dark Sphere's 'Child-guild' Eyes of the Dark Realm

Aldric Essalus Helmfrid - (Current) High-Inquisitor of the Chapter of Holy Anethion, Co-Leader

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?

Of course I am.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?

Yes.

A little story for anyone who cares, the Draenei roleplayer and GM of Ere Argus once attacked one of my characters, trying to kill him, with a godemote. Something along the lines of --- easily snaps Tythalos' neck. I went along with it. I don't ignore roleplayers, I only hope they have the decency of not godemoting. I -never- do it myself however. Under no circumstance should it be committed, but if it is, it shouldn't be ignored. I don't scold people for ignoring it however, it's just a rule I personally live by.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)

I'm a 20 year old student from Newcastle. I live in a flat with a few roomates, I don't have a job right now. I love music, gaming, going out drinking, gigs, reading and other geeky pass-times. I'm currently studying Business Marketing. I play Warcraft atleast once a day for around 3-7 hours. I'm a mature roleplayer, very tollerant, love a good OOC laugh and enjoy tension heavy, military, political, tactical, combat, 'friendship/love' and civillian-esque/chatting roleplay. I'm the sort of roleplayer that'd leave a battleground/dungeon/whatever when someone asks 'does anyone want to come roleplay'. Even if that roleplay is stroking their pet dragonhawk and feeding it biscuits. ^_^

Thanks for reading Sin'belore.

Yours faithfully,
Jordan King
Back to top Go down
http://Facebook.com/jordankingsaid
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class: -

PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Hey, thanks for the application.

Your char has the same last name as my mage Smile which is in SB
Back to top Go down
http://sinbelore.quickbb.net
Sequoian

PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Sorry about that. I'll change it. Found it hard picking a one that didn't begin with another S.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Looks solid.

I do have one question though. I got the impression that he stayed in Dalaran during the times when blood elves were suffering from fel addiction? If he was, did he feed from moonwells/other sources of magic instead of corrupting himself with fel magic?
In other words, is he a blood elf or a high elf?

If he is indeed a blood elf instead of a blue eyed vermin, then you are free to contact any of our officers for an IC interview:
Nessra, Celistra, Thuradas.

On a sidenote, I don't think the last name is a problem. Unless you agree to roleplay as a relative of someone's toon, you can just say that you are not related to them, or are so distant relatives that you don't even know of eachother.
Back to top Go down
Sequoian

PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:49 pm

He fed his addiction on anything he could get his hands on. He is fel-corrupted, yes. Not as severely as some however. His eyes are fel-green too. The majority of his addiction was sustained through similar means as his brethren back home, yet on a smaller and more 'hard to come by' scale. Which caused him to find other means now and then such as moonwells and so on, which explains why he isn't a severely corrupted as some others may be. He detests the Kaldorei as much as any, so this method shamed him and he would always look for the 'normal' methods that his race practiced above those, which came as a last resort.

I'd be up for being -any- characters relative, even a close/known one. It's much more enjoyable I find to have living IC family members, on an OOC level it gives me someone to start roleplaying with being new to Horde and all. I did ask if any of SB would like to be a relative of Sequoia's but none accepted.

I need to faction change my Mage, so a confirmation on any IC living family that could be possible or a family name I create otherwise before I can do so.

Edit: I'm no longer faction-changing. A bit tight on cash so just going to level him up. £20 is a lot right now when I could get a mage to a suitable level in only a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class: -

PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Sinitia dawnstar is the daughter of a lesser lord, bit of a spoiled rich kid forced by her daddy to join the military, I would be up for doing a relation thing, how close family are you thinking?
Back to top Go down
http://sinbelore.quickbb.net
Sequoian

PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:34 pm

As close as a brother/husband or as far as distant cousin. It's entirely up to you as this character is new and personaly I find any level of connection to another character to add at least something to the roleplay. Is there any way I could learn more about the family OOCly?
Back to top Go down
Sequoian

PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:47 pm

I've faction changed my Mage and deleted the old Sequoian. Same character just the name is now Sequoían.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:01 pm

So you failed to listen to my warnings and screwed yourself with another name Razz!?

PostSubject: Re: Sequoian Dawnstar   

Back to top Go down

Sequoian Dawnstar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sin Belore :: Public :: Applications-
Jump to: