Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application for Narmeleth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Narmeleth

PostSubject: Application for Narmeleth   Mon May 14, 2012 10:52 pm

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

[1] Character's name ingame: (if your character has a last name or nick name, add those as well)
My character is named Narmeleth and though I am fully aware this is also a minor character in a part of the storyline of Lord of the Rings Online (not in the actual books), I hope that won't be much of a problem.. I myself usually frown upon naming issues like these, but I just really liked the name and since no one in WoW ever really seemed to care, I just got used to using it.

[2] Character's class and level:

Narmeleth is a Priestess, for now she is Holy/Disci, for maximum healing diversity. Plus I intend to RP her as a healer and wielder of the Sun's light, not as a Shadowpriest.

[3] Professions:

I have recently begun levelling my Tailoring and Enchanting, mostly for transmogrifying...

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:

Narmeleth is looking to associate herself with more sophisticated and elegant members of the Horde. Her duty is to Quel'Thalas and its people, not to this Warchief or the next. She wants to find a more efficient way of aiding her people recover and mature into this new age, so that the Sin'dorei might restore their former glory and position of power in Azeroth. Which she believes can only be accomplished by joining with a group of honourable and wise Blood Elves.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section - please ensure you give us something to work with!*

Bal'a dash, malanore! (Greetings, traveller!)

Narmeleth is a Blood Elven Priestess who suffered greatly in the times she could not draw from the beloved Sunwell. She did not believe in turning to Fel Magic to feed her addiction, but instead chose to seek other ways, more clean ways of helping herself and her friends and family. When the Sunwell was reignited she regained all of her former powers and decided to assist the Horde in fighting the Lich King, to avenge the destruction of the Sunwell and with it, the cause of so much harm to her people! Now she fights to protect and care for the people of Quel'Thalas, hoping to restore it to its former glory! Anu Belore Dalana! (The Sun guides us!)

Shorel'aran! (Farewell!)

((Really I haven't worked out much of a background story for her yet other than this, but she is a kind and loving person towards her own people, but not so much to the other 'savages' of the Horde. She is a righteous and just woman, who rejoices in the glorious powers of the sun and the Sunwell, sharing these blessings with her people))

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

I found out about you on the Wowwiki and saw you in the Guildfinder some time ago and thought you'd be just the thing for me! So I approached an officer and had a little chat, after which he sent me in the direction of these forums! =)

[7] Why do you want to join us?:

I recently moved over to this realm, using a Scroll of Resurrection. So I got to boost her to 80 and after completing that and most of my PvE grind, I was looking to what else I would want to do in WoW, which is Role-playing. My old realms (The Maelstrom and Tarren Mill) were both PvP, I rolled on those because most of my real life friends were on those, but I myself also really enjoy Lore and RP, so I decided to move over to a RP realm this time. I seem to have struck home right away, I am really enjoying the community and the World PvP/RP events.
Because I have a deep love for Blood Elven lore (most kind of elves for that matter, I like the Kal'Dorei as well, just not as much), I decided I would want to engage in some organized Blood Elf RP and perhaps find a guild to call home. I'm currently in some massive levelling guild, Thief Empire, which I am eager to leave.

[8] Your experience in WoW:

I started in Wrath, I played Lotro before that. I've never really raided much and don't care much for it either, I just enjoy doing it for the lore and experiencing it.. And perhaps for the gear that looks nice, I love working on my Transmogs! Most of the time that I played, I've spent on levelling alts.. I really like having a diversity of playstyles and roles at my disposal, change is the spice of life!

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:

I never really got to do much RP on WoW, I used to RP alot as an Elf on Lord of the Rings Online though and I am quite well-read on the Warcraft lore. I read almost all of the books up to the Cataclysm novels and I've played through WC3 several times, plus I almost always read my quest text, as boring as that may appear. What can I say? I'm a sucker for story and lore. =)

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?

Absolutely, I'm entirely used to this.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?

Although I'm not entirely sure what meta-gaming is, I think that these things won't be much of a problem for me.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)

I'm 19 years old, I'm from the Netherlands (but I really prefer to just speak English, as the officer I spoke to was apparantly Dutch or Belgian, but I just don't like the Dutch Language that much in (online) gaming and fantasy). I live on myself in Maastricht, where I study Chinese and Business. I also work in my dad's restaurant and I work as a delivery boy for a local chinese take-away.
Since I need alot of time for my studies and I also work weekends, the time I am able to spend in-game is rather limited. Some weeks I might be on for many hours and the next week I might not be able to come on at all! I really like reading fantasy novels, even though I don't get to as much anymore as I would like.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application for Narmeleth   Mon May 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Just two things before I direct you to an in game interview. How did Narmeleth manage to survive the magic withdrawal. As you say she sought cleaner ways, but I would very much like to know what you mean exactly. Also, what is your eye colour? (I hope it is green through some way..)

The other thing is a quick explanation of meta-gaming. This is basically the use of OOC information in your roleplay. The use of anything your character wouldn't possibly know herself. A simple thing is the name tag, another would be using the map to see where grouped players went (when you are grouped with your IC opponent for example) or something someone mentioned about your character in whisper. For example me telling you my character is secretly a thief and you in turn blaming me as a thief and having me arrested for it.

Anyway, I would love to hear about the magic thing.

PostSubject: Re: Application for Narmeleth   Mon May 14, 2012 11:17 pm

First, thanks for the explanation on meta-gaming. I don't think that will be a big problem for me, I used to take things like that in consideration anyways.

You got me on the eyes and the magic, that won't do, I'll change it a bit.

Obviously she also suffered from her addiction, but as a priestess was in some way still able to draw upon the light in the way humans did, rather than directly from the comfort of the Sunwell. However it was not enough to satisfy her, so she took in controlled and small amounts of Fel magic, being extremely cautious of it and the effects it would have on her. Her eyes did still change, but more to a Yellowy hue of green, because of her usage of the Holy Light and Fel Magics combined. (I actually also chose the yellowy eyes for her facial features, because I thought it would be more fitting for her)

I hope that is a better and more acceptable way.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application for Narmeleth   Tue May 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Alright, seems good to me! The name, as discussed in game, is not an issue.

Poke an officer and we will give you an IC interview: Celistra, Nessra, Sylvaelynn

Alternatively, if you can't find any of us online, ask a guild member to check if we're hiding on alts! If that fails, post here what days/times would suit you the best.

PostSubject: Re: Application for Narmeleth   Thu May 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Hey,

After being with you for a few days, I have had time to think about what I really wanted.
I did enjoy my very short time with you and you all seem perfectly nice and very friendly people, but I quickly came to realize that I don't really enjoy the military aspect of your RP and since that is such a big part of what you do, I don't feel like sticking around having to participate in things I don't really enjoy.

Besides that I would like to get a little bit more out of a guild than just alot of RP, which is actually something I only enjoy from time to time, not on a daily basis.

Thanks for having me for these few days though and I wish you all the best!

Narmeleth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Narmeleth   

Back to top Go down

Application for Narmeleth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sin Belore :: Public :: Applications-
Jump to: