Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shelis

Character sheet
Name: Shelis "Myst" Dawnrose
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 pm

[1] Character's name ingame: (if your character has a last name or nick name, add those as well)

George of the Jungle...no? Ok...
Nelorien „Sixteen“ Bloodrose

[2] Character's class and level:
Awesome Mage – 85
In rp, battlemage, because I have recoloured paladin T2 and I love to show it off. Besides, mages in robes are for girls, armour is the way.

[3] Professions:
Had to check armoury on that one!
525 Engineering, 525 Jewelcrafting, 525 First Aid, 525 Cooking, 525 Archeology, 525 Fishing ... and every other profession maxed on alt characters. Yea..I’m a nerd.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:
It’s better than her alternatives (explained in background!)

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section - please ensure you give us something to work with!*

Before I get to it, my lore knowledge is quite rusty, after all I haven’t rp’ed for like half a year, so there might be some very minor things that won’t be entirely precise, since I’ve adjusted the more lore-friendly version of previous Nelorien. With that said, I’d like if her previous time in the guild was scratched, because it would be a different character with similar concept! Thanks!

When Nelorien was born, she was predicted a bright future. She was meant to be somebody, who will get famous, who will make a difference and leave behind some legacy after she passes away.

The older child of two, born into a noble family of Silvermoon magi. Family originally from Dalaran, but sadly (quoting her), her ancestors though they’d find better living in Silvermoon. Being from a family where everybody was a mage, Nelorien was not a difference. She was able to form simple waves of arcanum before she could walk.

Studying has suprisingly been very boring for the girl over her teenage years though. She literally stormed through most of things every Sin’Dorei is supposed to learn. She even skipped a few classes, because the subjects were too easy for the girl.

By the time she got to her first magical university, the prediction were growing. Young Nelorien was now called a real prodigy-child, filling her parents, mentors, teachers and classmates with expectations. First university passed with results that earnt her a spot in another university, but this time way more prestigious, Dalaran university. Nelorien, who was just getting in her first hundred years, studied along sides of students gifted just as she is, which earnt her first friends in her life. Previously, it was nearly impossible to make any friends, because her classmates were sometimes even twenty years older than her.

After Dalaran, where she’s learnt the arts of Battlemage, Nelorien has decided to move back to Silvermoon. Just like every magi, she knew she will be studying her whole life, and that’s what she was doing. She didn’t want to live back with her parents though, mostly because that’s when her younger sister was born and baby scream was driving Nelorien insane.

She got herself an assistant-teacher job on the Silvermoon university she’s studied before, working with one of her previous teachers, raising generations of Silvermoon magi while studying more and more in her free time. Soon, Nelorien was promoted and had classes of her own, while still studying as well as teaching some exceptionally talented children off-school.

Nelorien always considered every magic an art, which, eventually, became her undoing. Her radical opinions, such as considering necromancy, demonologism, occultism, and other dark arts, were not tolerated by Silvermoon society, but that never worried the rebelious battlemage, who has found exceptional liking in pyromancy.

Over time, Nelorien’s superiours have seen a threat in the young woman. Her ideas and opinions were highly questionable. And even though Nelorien never forced her beliefs onto her students and what she’s been doing in her free time was, according to Nelo, her own sun damned problem, she was secretly being investigated.

After couple of more years, sadly for Nelorien, something happened, which was enough for her superiours to publicly denounce the stubborn magi, which lead to Nelorien losing her job. She made herself quite a name over the years, so she still taught people un-officially. Suprisingly enough, due to how open she was to any kind of magic, she had many students interested in her teachings. And she knew it all. She’s studied it all. She may not have ever practiced certain kinds of magic, but she knew the theory well-enough to help her students get better.

It’s still been a thorn in sides of other mages in Silvermoon. They kept an eye out on the girl, who was working on her third book, which was supposed, as oppose to previous two, to be groundbreaking. Nelorien promised, that she will explain what’s the very essence of magic, where does it come from, how does it work and more importantly, how to train anyone to understand magic and become a magi.

She never finished her work. One of her senior students got seriously injured during Nelorien’s lesson and died later on the same injuring. Nelorien was accused of planned murder and was immediatelly arrested. When the court was in session, Nelorien pledged herself innocent, but showing no regrets certainly did not earn her judge’s favour and she was sentenced to prison for fifty long years.

Her new home, 2x2x2 meters magic-proof prison cell changed the girl. People thought she is insane before, as there is just a thin line in between a genius and a lunatic, but after this experience, she certainly was at least partially insane. She was in prison when one of the biggest magi in the history, Medivh, opened the Dark Portal. She was still in prison during first, second and third war. She’s never seen half of Silvermoon destroyed, where her family’s property was. She’s just got out now...

It’s present day, forty years of Nelorien’s punishment behind her. New, more tolerant leadership of Silvermoon made her an offer. They would cut the rest of sentence in exchange of Nelorien helping Silvermoon. Nelorien was offered to join military, that currently lacks capable mages. After seeing that Nelorien has agreed on joining the military for at least a year, they’ve sent a letter to Sin Belore officers, explaining the situation.

There, what a wall of text. Pardon me for not proof-reading it, it’s too long and I’m too lazy. And I’m quite sure you guys skipped some parts too ;D

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:
I was a member for over a year. Back then I read about SB on trade chat...or general chat...I think.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:
I miss you ;(
And Sylvaelynn made me.

[8] Your experience in WoW:
Er...playing since 06, experienced raids from T3 and on and pvp seasons from S2 and on. With some breaks during it!

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:
2 years of texted-based rp back in 2004-05, and pretty much rp in WoW since then. I was a sun damned Sin Ashal at some point!

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?
Lol, fo shizzle

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?

Oh, no, I might need some late night consult. Nessie? ;D

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)
Hi!
I’m 22 and I’m from the Czech Republic. I’m young and wild. I work as a tutor/teacher, so currently I’m on my summer holiday, for which I’m, by the way, getting money = best job ever.
Since I don’t have many things to do on the holiday, I dedicate solid 8 hours to gaming/pc using. Usually more, because who the hell would want to go out in 35°C heats! Most of the time I’m on PC I’m in WoW anyways, afk or not.
I like good music and chatting, even though chatting with me usually damages braincells of the person I’m talking to.
Some of you know me anyways. I’m nuts and that’s meant literally. I’m also exceptionally good at everything I do and I’m very modest.

Back to top Go down
Shelis

Character sheet
PostSubject: Re: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:56 pm

cheers
Woooooooo Shelly, you are back!
cheers

(that's what you are supposed to say)
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Denied.

Character sheet
PostSubject: Re: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Sad

Last edited by Shelis on Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
PostSubject: Re: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:47 pm

*sigh* I guess we have to... this once.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Shelis

Character sheet
PostSubject: Re: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:49 pm

I will be good!

most of the time!
Back to top Go down
Thuradas

Character sheet
Name: Thuradas Sunray
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:49 pm

*suspicious face*
Back to top Go down
Shelis

Character sheet
PostSubject: Re: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:11 am

Thuradas wrote:
*suspicious face*

Oh, ahoy! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app   

Back to top Go down

Nelorien, the coolest gal in the nether, app
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1