Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Amon Orthos

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
orthos

PostSubject: Application: Amon Orthos   Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:03 am

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

[1] Character's name ingame: (if your character has a last name or nick name, add those as well)
Amon Orthos

(Amon means Silence in Thallasian according to Thallasian Language Institute)
(Orthos was my main's name - i renamed - i can't get rid of that nickname, i love it too much . Orthos has nothing to do with Arthas, or Porthos. It is a nickname i use since before WoW and it means "the right way".

[2] Character's class and level:
Class: Rogue
Level: 85

[3] Professions:
Alchemy
Herbalism

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:
To overlook and preserve the security of Silvermoon and Quel'Thelas

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section - please ensure you give us something to work with!*

Amon Orthos is born and raised in Eversong Woods with a sense of duty and devotion to Silvermoon. His life was mainly focused on training and duty giving him little time for anything else. He was ambitions and dedicated to serve Silvermoon and completed his missions in Eversong Woods and Ghotlands successfully trying as much as possible to put to use his Farstrider-like training and way.

Later on he was sent to Forsaken Lands to infiltrate a Forsaken group, loyal to Undercity and provide regular reports about their activity. He grew in rank among other forsaken and horde members loyal to this group, until he reached to be second in command. On many occasions he used the members of this group to patrol the borders of Quel'Thelas or put them in use of Silvermoon interests, aspect which was not seen good by the leader and thus caused conflict forcing him to abandon his mission and retreat to Outlands in order to stay safe for a long period of time.

Aged and homesick, he returned to Silvermoon in disgrace due to failing his mission, but was able to get permission to create a unit of Sin'Dorei that would work to preserve and overlook the security of Quel'Thelas. The group that he led for a short period of time was mostly formed of mostly mercenaries-like Sin'Dorei, elves without loyalty or care for the mechanisms of this world. Through great effort and patience, it all managed to snap in shape, but now there's only bits of that.

His status was cleared, and now he roams the streets of Silvermoon and forests of Quel'Thelas acting as the eye from the shadow, listening to whatever can be listened on, and trying to make himself useful the only way that he know how:
espionage, assassination and sabotage.

The Allegiance
Amon is loyal to Silvermoon. This loyalty has been influenced to him since younger age and grew in him in time. This loyalty does not make him the constant defender of Silvermoon but rather the elf who'll be there when the time comes.
Also he will not be the crying shoulder of any elf that has a problem. His duty is to the society and the Kingdom and not the individual, so there were times and there will be times when Silvermoon must be protected against his own kind, by whatever means necessary.
When ordered to he can follow command, even blindly, but if he considers that the orders were poor he will not stand back and will confront his officer in private after the mission was completed. He has his own mind that draws it's own conclusions and makes his own decisions of what is good or bad. But he knows when it's time to speak and when it's time to shut up.

The personality:
Lawful Bad
Amon is the rogue-type elf. There's always a paranoid eye checking everyone and an bent ear listening to everything. He'll mostly try to catalog everything and stash up a pile of information about whatever happens, whether is important or not.
On missions he is patient enough to wait until the opportunity arrives to complete even if that takes days. Due to his alchemy knowledge he can brew himself potions that allow him to disguise , or take someone else's shape for a short time.
He proved himself to be a good leader and he is able to take charge of a small group of individuals. He can be equally friendly and ruthless, and does not enjoy any forms of jokes or mockery towards Sin'Dorei or Silvermoon.

The Methods:
Amon can be a deceiver, can manipulate, and has the patience to act until chances of success are favorable.
Amon plans and plots, thinking ways in and out real or made-up situations, sometimes when there even isn't a real immediate threat or need to act so cautiously.
Amon combat skills are fairly good, but in most cases he will prefer to wait until the target is weak and will avoid frontal assaults against a healthy target.
Amon will not stand back from using any methods to achieve his goals. Methods include: non-deadly physical assault, deadly assault by various means (dagger, poisoning, etc ), torture, bribery, deception, etc.

The social status
Amon has no relevant to speak of social status.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:
Forums, in world prospecting, Sylvaelynn told me how great you are Smile

[7] Why do you want to join us?:
To be part of a mature Silvermoon Oriented RP Guild and once again Role Play as a Silvermoon agent.
I want to join you because i think you're the kind of guild that takes Belf RP seriously.

What i don't want is:
- constant social RP based on dramas, love affairs, and inn-talk . (I said constant, occasional is fine, everyone has the right to have a "social life" ).
- love affairs of any kind/race/orientation.
- cyber-sex or eRP or whatever it is called. I'm very very very much against that in WoW.
- blood elf RP without any relevance to blood elf history.

[8] Your experience in WoW:
Experience in WoW: since TBC

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:
2-3 years i think. I originally come from The Venture Co. Server , but i transferred to DB once for a short period of time (couple of months i think) and transferred back to TVC, and now back to DB again.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?
Yes, without problem

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?
I think i can avoid them. At least I will do my best. as i have done so far.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)

Im 30 years old male from Romania, I work as an SAP Developer, married with one child and trying/wanting to get back to WoW.
Unfortunately my play-hours are late at night, usually staring at around 11pm server time , but on exceptions i can try to make it sooner. Mostly i can play every day, but sometimes i go away for weeks if i have projects that need my attention.

I play/want to play WoW for RP in the little time i have for myself and If i get accepted will try to do my best to be an active member, although I will no and can not promise that. If my inability to be an active and dedicated member of Sin'Belore is a problem, i understand perfectly.

Anu Belore Dela'na
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
PostSubject: Re: Application: Amon Orthos   Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:51 am

How long ago was it that the business with the forsaken happened, or his visit to Outlands for that matter?
Back to top Go down
orthos

PostSubject: Re: Application: Amon Orthos   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 am

All that happened around 2010 - 2011 .
In case your question refereed to character's timeline, I then must apologize since Amon's story is not built like that, it's built on events that happened in game, so I find it difficult to place these events in specific intervals of WoW time.
I am sorry I can not provide more information on that subject.

Amon Orthos
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
PostSubject: Re: Application: Amon Orthos   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:56 pm

So we are talking about only few years back. That's alright.
I was worried that it might have been decades ago, which would have made less sense Smile

Poke an officer and we'll give you an IC interview: Nessra, Celistra, Sylvaelynn
If you can't find us online poke a member to see if we are on our alts. Or if that fails, post here which days/times suit you the best.
Back to top Go down
orthos

PostSubject: Re: Application: Amon Orthos   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Great. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Amon Orthos   

Back to top Go down

Application: Amon Orthos
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1