Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application Norathel Duskstar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thälon

PostSubject: Application Norathel Duskstar   Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:35 am

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

[1] Character's name ingame:

Norathel Duskstar

[2] Character's class and level:

Paladin 85 (Fully PvP geared RES 4000+, PvE still getting gear)

[3] Professions:

Mining and Blacksmithing

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:

As an elite Sin'dorei Military Force, joining it would be the crowning of his training and effort in the safety and welfare of his race.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application:

Where normal toddlers learn to play and laters express themselves thru the use of words, Norathel learnt to hold on a weapon. His playthings since childhood were steel tools of warfare. All to appease his crippled father's dream of grandeur. He had to be what his father couldn't. And so where others were to play, he was to train. Where others knew a mother's caress, he knew a father's slap. Growing up he committed himself fully to his father's dream, if only to get away and be sent away from home. With time he grew fond of his life, turning what was a burning hatred for his father into a lovely attachment to him as the real spring of his current life. Losing his family on the Scourge's attack of Silvermoon, turned him into an instrument of vengeance. Deeply hating every kind of Undead (and that includes the Forsaken), he swore to himself no one would be ever forced to suffer the same sorrow and pain he has.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

From former RP on Defias Brotherhood on the Alliance side. I had already applied with my DK but an unlucky chain of events (nothing dire, I just didn't manage to catch any officers online) led me towards other shores. Still I have a great interest in Sin'Belore and its offers.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:

Blood Elves. Military structure. Role Playing events. Bored of ground level RP I found up to now.

[8] Your experience in WoW:

Started in 2006, been raiding, PvPing and RPing. I want to keep it up as it's a load of fun.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:

Pen and Paper I roleplayed for almost 27 years now. Online RP in WoW mainly.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?

I am. You'll see.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?

I plainly hate that. I even am contrary on play pretend (wanna be a dragon? Buy a Vial of the Sands and use it). Still I like "color touches" that don't turn into Mary Sueing.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself:

I am still 39 (that's ancient I know), still live in Milan (Italy), work a lot (my new house is done now, yay) and play as often as I can (at least a hour daily). I like RPing almost blank slates to have the freedom to build the character as he progresses through his history, accepting advice and hints from others. I have a yearly pass, so I'll have a long time to spend on WoW. I already have MoP (I'm a nerd, yes), so I won't be leaving to play GW2 or stuff. I am thrilled.

Thanks for taking the time to read my app, hope to join you soon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class: -

PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Its nice to see you applying again, Very Happy

Your application has been noted and I would be surprised not to see a decision VERY soon!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://sinbelore.quickbb.net
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Contact an officer for an IC interview: Nessra, Celistra, Kristeas, Sylvaelynn.

If you can't find us online, poke a member to see if we are playing on our alts. Alternatively, if that fails, post here which days/times you will most likely be online.
Back to top Go down
Thälon

PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Thank you. I will and I'll put more effort in it this time.
Back to top Go down
Thälon

PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

During this week I had a chance to RP a bit both on Horde and Alliance.

I met two rogues:

One tried to do a spinning jump above my head and stab me on the way down while /w me about how I can't see every attack that comes my way (you jump, flip and land so fast I don't see it coming, are you kidding me?) and declaring a second before that she hadn't even the ability to fully control her daggers. After a /w chat that I won't reproduce here where she tried to explain over and over how she could be so PRO (one reason was "It's fantasy", one was "A friend of mine can do that RL cyclops " among those brought up), she tried the same move once more and, always in /w, complained because I raised my shield over my head, rendering her newly added kick useless (I could have pretended she wounded herself kicking the edge of my shield, but meh). The server showed mercy crashing. I asked myself how could it be possible that a guild like Sin Belore had such an evident manga/ninja character in it, and a bit of a Mary Sue if you allow me, as I think a sane minded blood elf would never challenge a Blood Knight (Remember? Silvermoon's most powerful fighting force) by himself and face first. The day after I find out it's an officer alt. Imagine the shock...

The other was sitting at the Pig and Whistle in Stormwind, on the edge and jumpy, paranoid, always trying to hide her face under her hood. After a while, she came to trust me a bit more, chatted a bit and waved at me when I left. In the evening I was abudcted by her mates, taken to their hideout and invited to join them. There I find out that the little rogue is a mere trainee of that guild and is frowned upon for talking in a dialect reminding Gutterspeak. In the hideout she was forbidden from socializing so she kept to herself and didn't push herself on anyone. I wondered how such a good RPer could be left at such a low rank in the guild. I find out her main is the Second in Command of her guild. Imagine the shock...

Of the two rogues I found way more amusing and believable the second, the first was too over the top. Rogues already have great abilities in their SpellBooks why come up with such nonsense? If you, as a rogue, are better than a warrior, a 'din or a DK in a face to face clash, what use there is in those characters? But these are questions that don't need answers here.

The first, the Sin Belore one, yelled "I'm over the top and way better than you, way before I even know you!", the second whispered "I don't know you, so I'll take my decisions laters".

This said I came to the conclusion that I want to hang out with the second one, the first one I didn't like. While I found Sin Belore OOC a fine place, IC I saw a character struggling to keep floating and, knowing that character's player is a judge of RP standards for the guild, it really worried me. Being free time so precious when you have a wife, a house to upkeep and maintain and a lot of training to keep up with younger people, I decided to move on Alliance and RP there. And knowing myself, I find it better for us all to dodge conflicts way before they present themselves.

I post this out of honesty, Sin Belore has been kind to me, I don't see why I shouldn't be to you. I know some of you will disagree (if not all), remember that this is what I saw in you not what you are. Thank you for letting me in, for sharing a LFR run and for being nice averall. Hope to see you again, maybe on WPvP where you'll mercilessy gank me Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 pm

I think we should have a talk about this in game, since your the first to complain about my rogues style, yes its my alt

and no the Blood Knights are not the most powerful, they have weaknesses like everybody else, and the farstriders I see ICly as being just as strong, and the magisters as well
Back to top Go down
saegwyth

Character sheet
Name: Saegwyth Dawnsinger
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Dear Sir,

Good luck in your endeavours, wherever they are. I'd like to point out that as far as my character ICly knows, the rogue in question has trained extensively in acrobatics before picking up an interest with a military career. Perhaps the folks in Stormwind don't waste time on such foolishness, the beautiful, graceful and proud elves of Quel'Thalas certainly do.

I'd also like to remind you that the Blood Knights are the most powerful military force of Silvermoon only in their own opinion, thus being condescending of other strata of thalassian military. We know all too well that heavy infantry would be dead meet if it wasn't for the scouts, the support and the other groups. It's a matter of balance, thus Sin Belore is open to all kinds of miltary endeavours.

Take care and have fun!

~Saeg
Back to top Go down
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:03 pm

This example is kind of why I enjoy actual duels a lot more... In emote fights, people tend to never want their character to lose. Smile

Rogues come in all shapes and sizes, and even though I am not a fan of the 'ninja' type rogue, as I find them boring to play personally, I find their existence plausible in a way. Although they could take it as a hint to tone it down just a little bit. Balance a character with merits and flaws, a lithe, acrobatic rogue may be swift and have awesome moves, but one good bash from a shield or a weapon should leave them rather broken up in a corner with their leather armor. I prefer to play my own rogue nice and nasty, relying on trickery and dirty tactics to win and to have been through some physical training for endurance and strength as well. I like the kind of rogue that attacks from the shadows when he or she sees an advantage, not the super acrobatic ninja moves.

People can play what they prefer to play, and you are free to RP with the option you like best ^^ Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Emrys wrote:
This example is kind of why I enjoy actual duels a lot more... In emote fights, people tend to never want their character to lose. Smile

Emote fights without /rolls are a waste of time, unless it's done between two people who know each other well enough to trust the other person not to be a God. Or when a certain outcome has been discussed beforehand.

I don't know what went on with this particular fight as this is the first time I hear of this, and it's a shame this wasn't reported to other officers. Godlike characters are NOT what Sin Belore is about. If we bump into characters who have no flaws or are impossible to "beat up", they don't tend to last long in this guild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application Norathel Duskstar   

Back to top Go down

Application Norathel Duskstar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1