Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rose123

PostSubject: Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire   Wed May 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Character's name ingame: Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire

Character's class and level: Level 90 Mage

Professions: Alchemy and Engineering

Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: Barred from her home, she has returned to Silvermoon to defend the interest of the Sin'dorei. Joining Sin Belore is the best way that she sees of doing this.

Background of your character OR an in character application:
I have always found a good book to be endlessly more fascinating than the machinations of people. When I was small, my favourite stories were the ones where it seemed the bad guy was winning and that all was lost, only for the hero to swoop in and defeat the villain, get the girl and all live happily ever after. But there are no happy endings in real life.

My name is Rosanna Dawnfire, oldest daughter of Faranor and Tylith Dawnfire. My sister, Mayla and I grew up in safety of Silvermoon, untroubled by the troll attacks that plagued the boundaries of our glorious city. It was the last time in my life that I remember being truly happy, but perhaps that is to do with the rose-tinted glasses of age. I threw myself into my studies with the same tenacity and enthusiasm that my sister trained with her bow and the pair of us grew to become deadly practictioners of our respective arts. Here, our paths diverged. I was more interested in the study of magics than the defense of our mighty city and pursued what I perceived to be my destiny in the city that lies second in my heart, Dalaran. Mayla took up her bow under the command of the Ranger-General Sylvanus Windrunner and life went on.

The greatest day of my life was when I received a letter from Mayla, telling me about the birth of her son, Caspian. I rushed back to Silvermoon to meet my new nephew. He was more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. I am only sorry that I didn't see more of him as he grew. My work in Dalaran kept me exceedingly busy but I popped back from time to time, always with some new treat for my darling boy. It was to me that he confided in his wish to become a mage and follow in his aunt's footsteps. I was thrilled. I was also devastated for him when he was repeatedly turned down for magic tuition. I tried to help, I really did. I used all my influence with the magisters and scholars, but to no avail. I think he saw this as a betrayal on my part because for the next few years we grew increasingly distant and I saw less and less of him.

The worst day my life was when I learned of the destruction of Silvermoon. In a single blow, the traitor prince Arthas had destroyed everything I loved: my home; my parents; my sister, who died valiantly defending Silvermoon against the Scourge; and, so I thought at the time, my nephew. It is difficult for me to express the emotions that I felt that day; the anger, the grief, the regret, the sorrow. I returned to Silvermoon to find it in ashes. My wonderful city, my home, destroyed by the foul undead. For some time I stayed to assist with the recovery. When I learned of Caspian's survival I was overwhelmed with relief. Together we were going to rebuild our lives. He was still a child, even if he was nearly fully grown and I took custody of him, vowing that I would never lose him again. I took him to Dalaran with me, where I could continue my studies and keep a close eye on him.

We were amongst those celebrating the other traitor Prince's journey to the Outlands. Our naive hope that everything would be better when Prince Kael'thas sent for us, like one of my stories, was dashed with his betrayal. I was not involved with the events of the Sunwell, still beavering away in Dalaran as I was and my knowledge of the events is still a little sketchy. When he learned of the Blood Knight order, Caspian was desperate to join them, having been denied the magic training he so desired. I was so very anxious about letting him go that I almost forbid it - but I could see the steely determination in his eye and reluctantly I let him go, under the tutelage of Lady Liadrin and her paladins.

Up until this point, I had had very little contact with our new Horde allies. Dalaran was fairly isolated from Silvermoon, which in turn was isolated from Orgrimmar, so the arrival of Horde forces in Northrend was news to me. During this time, I was been involved in research around Malygos and the threat he posed to magic and was part of a Reliquary sojourn into the halls of Ulduar, where we learned much about the origins of Azeroth. With so much new information, there was so much work to do for me and my colleagues and I won't lie, I enjoyed every minute of it. The puzzles of the universe intrigue me so and the mysteries of Ulduar and later, Uldum proved a magnificent challenge.

It was around this time I met a handsome young paladin named Leoran. Our relationship blossomed and I found myself quite infatuated. When he told me he was to be part of the Horde task force sent to defeat the Lich King, I volunteered to go too. My uncharacteristic recklessness put me on the frontlines of combat for the first time and I got quite a taste for it. Although I wasn't involved in the final confrontation with fallen Prince, his destruction put to rest something inside of me which had haunted me for a long time and I made peace with myself.

Increasingly I was doing more field work, pushing the boundaries of magic. The emergence of Deathwing put a stop to that. I was in Orgrimmar in an ambassadorial role when the cataclysm hit. With the world torn asunder, I put my books aside and took up the mantle of battle-mage. My team's research into elementals proved crucial in taking down the Wind Lord in Throne of the Four Winds and a thrilling battle in the Bastion of Twilight ended with the fall of Cho'gall. I put my limits to the test in Blackrock Mountain, one by one defeating the minions of Nefarian before taking down the dragon himself.

My foray into the field nearly cost me my life and so when the time came to take on the Firelord Ragnaros, I hung up my battle boots and returned to my books. Deathwing and his allies fell one by one, but I barely noticed. I was working with Aethas Sunreaver himself on a project of vital importance. Which came to an abrupt end when Garrosh Hellscream destroyed the city of Theramore. I was there when Aethas Sunreaver heard the news. It was a grim time to be a member of the Horde in Dalaran. We were treated with suspicion by people who had been our friends the day before. I fully supported Aethas' denouncement of Hellscream's actions. Jaina Proudmoore became leader of the Kirin Tor and Aethas returned to Silvermoon. I chose to remain in Dalaran for the time being.

I am convinced that my life was saved by the timing of Caspian's investiture as a paladin. I travelled to Silvermoon for what I anticipated would be a short stay. With the theft of the Divine Bell and the purge of the Sunreaver's from Dalaran, I was stuck in Silvermoon, away from research, my books and most of my belongings. Dalaran had been my home for many years and now it was lost to me. Furious with the Kirin Tor and with the traitorous Sunreaver mage, I joined the second wave of Horde troops to Pandaria as a senior researcher for the Sunreavers. My particular interests lie in the realms of botany and alchemy and I experimented with the myriad of new ingredients I discovered in this lost continent. I joined the rest of the Sunreaver contingent on the Isle of Thunder and worked behind the scenes whilst a combined task force of Horde and Alliance heroes took down the Thunder King.

Now that the threat of the Thunder King is dead, I have returned to Silvermoon to champion the needs of the Blood Elves. With Lorthemar as our leader, this is our time. Increasingly, I found myself disgusted by the actions of Garrosh Hellscream and his Horde. He may justify the decimation of Theramore as an act of war, but I see it as genocide. The rogue mage that barred me from my home was working at his command. I, as many others have, have come to the conclusion that the Horde cannot continue with Hellscream at this helm. I stand beside my regent lord and my people, a proud blood elf.

Glory to the Sin'dorei!

How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: Via Defias Brotherhood RP wiki

Why do you want to join us?: Looking for a mature, active RP guild with roots and interesting storyline.

Your experience in WoW: 4 years of on and off WoWing. Back when I did progression raiding for Tier 10 I ended 5/12 Heroic with one of the top guilds on the server at the time, Decus et Veritas.

Your experience in roleplaying: 5 years of Dungeons and Dragons, numerous RPGs, just started RPing in WoW with the Grindhouse Inn.

Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?:
Yes, easily

Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?: God emoting is the abuse of the emote system where one describes an action which takes away the ability of another player to respond to or prevent it. Meta gaming is using outside knowledge or knowledge that your character should not know to gain an advantage (years of trying to prevent this in D&D ;_; )

Tell us a bit about yourself: 20 year old guy living at home in London whilst studying A Levels and working as a retail slave. Divide my free time between WoW, League of Legends, playing the piano and reading. Spend probably 12-15 hours a week on WoW, work dependent.

Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire   Thu May 30, 2013 2:12 am

This application looks good otherwise, but we're a bit uneasy about the mention of somehow being part of so many bad guys' deaths. It sounds a bit too excessive.
Is there any way you'd consider changing that part of her background?
Back to top Go down
rose123

PostSubject: Re: Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire   Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am

Sure, I was just working with the actual raids and stuff I did take part in, but I can rework it.

Edit: I thought I was quite specific in Rose only being directly involved with a couple of deaths - Nefarian, Cho'Gall and Al'Akir specifically. The rest she was either working behind the scenes e.g. on the Thunder Isle but not directly involved in the Thunder King raid and in research for others. If this is unacceptable to you I can change it but I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire   Thu May 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I'd be fine if one claimed they were only helping some group of Horde and Alliance beat a major lore character. or perhaps two if pushed, but being so directly responsible for the death of so many just seems like OOC experience brought into IC Smile
We'd have our guild full of Dragonslayers, Kingslayers, Saviors of Azeroth and whatnot if every one of us claimed to have done exactly the same things IC.

Nonetheless, the story was well written and if you're willing to drop out the mention of those NPCs, at least while roleplaying, we'll get along just fine.

You can poke either me or Anthrios for an IC interview. The guild is currently located in Ashenvale, rebelling against Garrosh with other organizations, tribes and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
rose123

PostSubject: Re: Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire   Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks for your input, but I've actually decided to go in a different direction and decided to start raiding again. For the time being I'd like to withdraw my application. Thank you for your time and I expect that I will submit another application for Caspian, my paladin in the near future when hopefully we can work together. Selama ashal'anore!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire   

Back to top Go down

Rosanna "Rose" Dawnfire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1