Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Vaelaan Riverstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vaelaan

PostSubject: Application: Vaelaan Riverstone   Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:53 am

[1] Character's name:

Vaelaan Riverstone

[2] Character's class and level:

Hunter 90 Amory

[3] Professions:

Mining/Jewel-crafting

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:

Vaelaan seeks to serve Quel'thalas in anyway possible to bring it back to its former glory, as well as the glory of its people.  Having served in the Farstriders prior to his recent work in The Reliquary, he is eager to return to a more militaristic duty-- he believes Sin Belore will fulfill his need to serve.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application:

Vaelaan was born into the Riverstone family, a modest house that earned its reputation by serving some of the larger more successful families as bodyguards/guardians.  Vaelaan was groomed to this practice at a young age by his father, and was expected to take up the mantle and serve as bodyguard to one of the children from the neighboring wealthier families.  

Around forty years prior to the first war he was entrusted with upholding the safety of a young girl from the Bloodcrown family.  He served with dignity and honor and was relieved of his duty when eventually the child came of age and married off to another family.  By this time the first war had started, the kingdom of Quel'thalas kept its distance from the war but nevertheless, some elves were sent to ensure the borders were safe, Vaelaan was one of them.  He earned respect among his comrades with his skills as a tracker and marksman, by the end of the first war he was inducted into the Farstriders.  

When the humans began to falter, they turned to Quel'thalas for strength, and by the second war, the Elves had joined the Alliance. The second war brought a chance for Vaelaan to test his mettle against some of the most fearsome beast-men he had seen. He had fought hard to protect the borders of Quel'thalas once again, not caring to venture far into the lands of the sniveling humans of which he was not fond of.

Everything fell apart when the scourge came, they ravaged Quel'thalas and slaughtered most of its people.  To add insult to injury, many of the surviving defenders of Quel'thalas were treated with disrespect from their former allies, the humans.  Many of Vaelaans brethren sought refuge upon Draenor, while he himself sought to return to Quel'thalas in an attempt to salvage what he could from his beloved home.

With the Sunwell destroyed the elves adopted to turning to Fel energy to sustain their lust for magical energies, to Vaelaan is was an embarrassment, but not quite as embarrassing as the now named Blood Elves joining the Horde he had fought so hard to hold back.

Vaelaan later was assigned to serve as a tracker and guide for The Reliquary by his superiors.  He spent a large portion of his time in the sands of Tanaris investigating old ruins, he also found he had a love for history and in his spare time would read religiously.  After the Reliquary was called back from its three-year excavation, Vaelaan was adamant to find another way to learn more of the land and to serve his Kingdom.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

I've roleplayed with Sin Belore for a number of years on my other characters, though none were ever elves.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:

For my Elf to have a home in a well-respected RP guild, when I began my creation of his character I could only imagine Sin Belore would be the most suitable place.

[8] Your experience in WoW:

I began on Defias Brotherhood in the Cult of Forgotten shadow with my Warlock Sinclair, soon I rose the ranks, became an officer and was eventually in-charge of their inquisition wing.  Afterwards I created The Darkspear Tribe as Unathi, and ran it throughout the Northrend campaign before having to call it quits for a year from WoW.  Upon my return I joined the Orcs of the Redblade on my Orc Raxxok, up until now.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:

Four years on Defias, was an officer in a roleplaying guild/GM of a roleplaying guild/Member of a roleplaying guild.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?

Absolutely.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?

I am very familiar with them and avoiding them has never been an issue.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself:

I am a 28 year old guy in the UK, originally from Canada.  I have a career which means weekday evenings are my playtime, as well as full weekends.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application: Vaelaan Riverstone   Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Looks good!
Poke me or Anthrios online and we'll give you an IC interview.
If you can't find us online, leave a note here which days/time you will most likely be online and we'll try to be online at the same time.
Back to top Go down

Application: Vaelaan Riverstone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1