Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Sepheron Sunfury

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sepheron

PostSubject: Application: Sepheron Sunfury   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:25 pm

[1] Character's name ingame: (if your character has a last name or nick name, add those as well)
Sepheron (Sepheron Sunfury)

[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:
Rouge | lvl 24 | http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/S%C3%AApheron/simple

[3] Professions:
Leatherworking | Skinning
I will change professions eventually  to BLACKSMITH | Engineering (blacksmith = 2 socket + | engineering = great escape gagdets + glove dps boost)

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:
One day, Sepheron spotted some members of Sin Belore and after a quick talk with one of them, he realised than the Sin Belore shared the same dream as I has: To protect, to help, to fight in honor of the blood elves!

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's personality, motives and such)

sepheron lived a happy and peacefull life together with his family in a lovely small village where everyone lived in harmony and where no one had troubles with each other.
His family consisting of a father, mother and (older) brother.

The (small) village was stationed nearby a small harbor and it was not weird for us seeing Orcs, Trolls, Undead passing by....sometimes, they even sleeped over our inn.
Most people that came were not soldiers but just common fishers/traders/wanderers with great story's over their advantures that they told the kids and great proffesion skills which they shared with us.

In this village, almost everything was done by the hand and magic was only used as a mere tool to help out with the daily stuffs.
Food was made on the small farms and flesh came in by our own hunters etc.

His (older) brother Neros'Fallah was very respected in the village for he was a paladin of light and captain of a small group.
Even though it was a small village, Neros'Fallah's strenght was even known by Highlord Theron himself!
Theron offered him a spot in his army but brother Neros'Fallah said to Theron that his place will always be in the village.

Neros'Fallah and his men protected the village and harbor against wild beasts and often helped hunters to retun safely to the village at dawn
We never had trouble with the Alliance for they did not know that there was a village nearby.....untill one day....

It was just a normal peacefull day in our village, Sepheron was practising his swordplay (which he learned from his older brother) when suddenly he saw his brother and his man + the hunters group running to the inn with some people. His brother explained to the head of the village that these people (7 orcs) were found in the woods all wounded and that they needed medical care as soon as possible.
Fortunately, 2 taurens stayed at our inn with an HIGH level in First Aid but unfortunately that same night, 3 or the 7 orcs died beceause of their wounds....
After 2 days, the four orcs waked up and explained to the head and my brother what happend to them.

They were indeed soldiers of Orgrimmar send by Garrosh Hellscream to aid/control/supervise Undercity.
On the seas, they were attacked/ambushed by the humans which caused their ships to sink and on the lands again by human hunters.

The Alliance was well prepared....before the hunters made their attacks on the land, they counted the orcs and knew that some were missing.
The Alliance gave out a mission to the rouge and hunter squad to track down those 7 and killing them on sight.
They eventually tracked down some blood on the ground (were the orcs were) and tracked it down to our village......

That night....the humans made it rain fire upon our village  (rain fire; arrows on fire).
They easily outnumbered our 'forces' (note: we were NOT trained for killing soldiers)....it was a massacre....

Everything was on fire, our brothers...sisters...childeren...all brutally slained by the Alliance.
As Sepheron was making my preparations (taking his sword and wearing armor), he heard someone opening the door very slowly...

It was his brother Neros'Fallah covered with blood.
He walked to Sepheron with a nice smile and said 'Sephhh, take this dagger...it belongs to a good friend of mine....Anar'alah belore - don't forget that....*BAM*' (he knocked me out).
He summoned his loyal steed...knowing it would be the last time he would do that and said to his steed 'Felo'melorn, take my little brother to my friend (Pathstalker) Kariel'...

After Sepheron woke up, Kariel stood by his side and said: hey seph...i'm very sorry for what happend....your brother would someday return that dagger to me but...keep it, you'll need it.
Sepheron knew what happend and Kariel told him that everything was burned down and Alliance has taken the ground...they even made a small base on the village's land.
Hatred filled Sepheron's heart and Kariel saw that and shaked him: HEY, you can walk in the path of darkness but don't forget Anar'alah belore!

And so Kariel learned Sepheron how to step into the shadows and using his blades in name of the light!

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:
I encountered the Sin Belore in Ashenvale zone and heard from a noble paladin (member of Sin Belore) where to go for more information (refering to the website).

[7] Why do you want to join us?:
At the moment, I'm into PVE for fast leveling purposes and I encountered the Sin Belore guild nearby Splintertree Post in the Ashenvale Zone.
Not only did I saw the Sin Belore guild but also a guild full of Orcs (Also a RP guild i thought).

I was REALLY curious about the situation so I contacted (whispered) a Paladin from the Sin Belore who was stationed there with his fellow guild members and asked him for some information.
The paladin of Sin Belore told me that there a was a world event pvp going on.....IT BLEW MY MIND:
The way how everyone was acting....the communcation/teamwork between 2 seperate guilds.....
It was just amazing for me to see something like that for I've never done RP nor did i knew that something like that even existed in the world of warcraft.

I immediately logged of from world of warcraft and started to 'dig in' into this THING called Role Playing.
Like I said, at the moment I am fully dedicated to PVE for fast leveling purposes but I really want to PVP eventually.

It would be an honor to fight among those who are really dedicated to the horde pvp and thus the reason for me to do my best and join no other guild then the Sin Belore.

[8] Your experience in WoW:
I've started to play wow since the launch of Wratch of the Linch King but I REALLY started to play in Cataclysm.
Before 4.0 I was leveling and 'fooling around', playing other games etc but then later when I was at higher level in wow (around 70/80), things were getting pretty fun!
I've always been playing in the Bloodscalp realm (where my friends were) and only done raids and a little bit of PVP.

Now I could tell a lot of nice things what I've done on my first character but please feel free to go to the armory of my main.
You'll see all the raids I've done so far and a bit of the pvp.

Please don't get me wrong for I am not trying to give a quick answer here but sometimes words cannot prove something (thus the reason for me to ask of you to visit my main's armory link).

As you may have noticed, since MOP I stopped raiding since the realm bloodscalp was starting to 'die' (=there were not many players around anymore for raids).

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:
To be honest, I don't have any experience in Role Playing.
But like I said before, it blew my mind seeing Sin Belore and the Orcs guild fighting/working/talking in RP-style.
The more I read about this RP-style, the more I want to be a RP-player.....and YES, just like I read on the forums 'Kriteas: it IS a lot of information to take in at once'....but I do what I can.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?
Yes, I will be able to (PERHAPS some minor problems in the beginning!! - I'm not used to the RP but it shouldn't be as hard as doing a heroic raid).

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?
God-Emoting:  Yes, I am familiar with this term | yes, I think that I will be able to avoid this in my Roleplay.
Meta-gaming:  Yes, I am familiar with this term | yes, I think that I will be able to avoid this in my Roleplay.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)
My name Robin/Sheraaz (male) and I live in the Netherlands.
I am 21 years old and I work at a small company as the Junior System Administrator (ICT) and I'm am specialized in SYSTEM problems.
Starting September, I'll begin a new education but also in the ICT sector. I'll try to do my best to be an expert on the Networking side aswell.
I play wow for (at least) 2/3 hours a day and the weekends is a bit random (depends on friends etc - most times in the weekend I'm online for 3/4 hours).

In advance, my gratitude for reading this application and hope to hear from you soon.
Shin'do Sin'dorei...
Back to top Go down
Sepheron

PostSubject: Re: Application: Sepheron Sunfury   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:45 pm

[8] Your experience in WoW:
Sorry, forgot to paste the link in here Sad
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/sepheron/advanced
Back to top Go down
Andair

PostSubject: Re: Application: Sepheron Sunfury   Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:33 am

Hello there!

Since your post was left without replies for now, I would like to advise that you go through Kristeas' excellent post on roleplaying Blood Elves.

http://sinbelore.quickbb.net/t91-roleplaying-and-your-blood-elf

Please remember that they have been Blood Elf for a relatively short time and 'a small village where Orcs, Tauren and Undead' were seen seems slightly off in this case. Sin'dorei were Quel'Dorei (High Elves) before the fall of their kingdom which was portrayed in the events of Warcraft 3 and at the time of your elf growing up, the races of the old Alliance such as humans or dwarves would be much more common passing by, to me honest.

Also, I'd like to remark that you tend to incorporate a lot of in-game mechanics, spells and professions into the story. Roleplay doesn't really rely on how many points someone has in first aid when it comes to roleplaying healing nor are villages burnt by someone casting rain of fire. Imagine the events happening like a movie, a narrative. Game mechanics are there to give order to things but they do no govern roleplay that much.

It's best to place your elf's story in the known timeline and geographical boundaries - perhaps take one of the villages that are now in the Ghostlands as his hometown, since many of them are now lifeless and destroyed by the Scourge?

Good luck with your app,

Andair
Back to top Go down
Sepheron

PostSubject: Re: Application: Sepheron Sunfury   Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:59 am

Greetings Andair and others,

Please close this topic/application.
After reading the replay from Andair, Roleplaying sounds actually A LOT HARDER then heroic raids in PVE Sad

I don't think I'll be able to make it up since I already put a lot of effort in making a 'almost true-like' background Surprised
....It's really hard Sad

My thanks for still taking the time to read/replay/advice Smile

Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application: Sepheron Sunfury   Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:31 pm

It's not really that hard, but takes some time getting used to, just like new boss tactics! Wink
Feel free to hang around other roleplayers and observe how "things are done" to get some pointers, as well as reading the http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf or http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf to become more familiar with the blood elf race and roleplaying in general.
Back to top Go down
Sepheron

PostSubject: Re: Application: Sepheron Sunfury   Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Greetings melady Nessra,

My thanks for the replay and yes, I'll do my best.
Going to be a hard road I guess, reading does not fill in the real experience and at the moment, I'm still a lone wolf (no guild) so yeah.... It's going take a while dx).

Anu belore dela'na Smile
Back to top Go down
Andair

PostSubject: Re: Application: Sepheron Sunfury   Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:10 pm

When you answer someone's post, it's called a 'reply'

Replay is when you see something again (like a goal in a football match Wink )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Sepheron Sunfury   

Back to top Go down

Application: Sepheron Sunfury
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1