Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application for Horalius Sanguinesky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Horalius

PostSubject: Application for Horalius Sanguinesky   Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:46 pm

[1] Character's name ingame:

Horalius Sanguinesky

[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:

Warrior currently at level 87

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Horalius/simple

[3] Professions:

Alchemy (560) & Herbalism (595), plus all secondary skills 550+

swapped Questions 4 and 5 for narrative reasons

[5] In character application:

From deep within it comes, quiet at first, like a gentle whisper in the ear or a small white cloud floating toward the sun. There is an inevitability about it that is never far away from my thoughts. I do my best to forget, I try to focus on “other things” to help steer my mind away. For a while it dissipates and I get on with some remedial tasks, usually researching botany or scriptures, just as my father before me. Only he never had the chance to feel the way I do.

Lucky him.

Then the anxiety begins. My chest slowly sinks into my stomach and I start to wretch, it’s my body’s way of telling me, warning me. I know what’s coming but I have no way to stop it. I feel my jaw moving and my teeth start to grind on one another. Small beads of sweat have formed on my forehead and my armour itches.

I go and sit, crossed legged, on the hard stone floor of my small house on the outskirts of Fairbreeze Village. Breathing deeply, consistently, trying hard to clear everything from my mind - to become the little white cloud floating toward the sun.

What was a whisper in my ear has turned to talk and there is not one voice now, but many. I can’t concentrate. I need to take myself away to the Ghostlands. I know I’ll find what I need there.

Thoughts tear at my mind like ravens ravage flesh from a carcass as I sprint through Eversong Woods and over the Elrendar River. Memories of my childhood dance macabrely as I stride through the ruins of Goldenmist Village. Fear, persecution and loss echo loudly down the path to the Sanctum of the Moon.

Out of breath and wet with sweat, I look up at the heavens. The little cloud I once focused on has distorted into a swirling black abyss that has eclipsed the sun. Blood lightning bursts from the sky and thunderous voices are shouting and screaming in my ears. And then I see it glowing in the murky haze. A being of pure energy, pure power, pure magic. An Arcane Devourer.

I know it’s only a short time now before my affliction subsides.

Without hesitation I charge full force into the elemental, stunning the ethereal being and then bludgeoning it with my broadsword. An eruption of mana dispels all the gloom as the Devourer explodes. Ecstasy consumes me and euphoria courses through my veins. I see the beauty of life in all its splendor for a brief flickering glorious moment as the mysterious beings bracers fall lifeless to the defiled dirt beneath my feet.

I take a moment to catch my breath, but now I am content. The voices in my head linger no longer and the little white cloud has passed the sun.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:

I became a Warrior to keep the magic as far from my mind as possible. Yet it still finds a way to pull me back and remind me of what I really am. I see no better way of dealing with the hunger than by enlisting with Sin Belore and focusing on Military matters with like minded members.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

Realm Forums

[7] Why do you want to join us?:

I've seen some great Alliance Guilds Role Playing, particularly The Three Hammers. However, I'm not sure I'd make a good dwarf, don't get me wrong I like a drink! But I think I could play a Blood Elf better.

[8] Your experience in WoW:

I've been playing since 2006 and was a hard core raider in Vanilla. Played a lot in TBC but not as much as Vanilla. Had a really great bunch of friends in WotLK all in a fun little 10 man Guild. Took most of Cataclysm off, only levelling a couple of characters to 85. Started playing again a few months after MOP was released and have really enjoyed it so far. I have a Draenei Monk on the Alliance that I PvP with, but nothing too serious.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:

None actually. That's part of the reason for applying, I have a decent knowledge of Warcraft Lore as I've been playing the series since the first game, but I've never tried Role Playing. I'm just keen to try out a different facet of WoW that I've never explored.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times?

Yes.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?

Meta-Gaming yes. But not God-Emoting, I've done a little research and I'll do my best not to do it!

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)

Well I'm 32 and manage an Arts Centre on the south coast of the UK. I make promotional films for Artists and Exhibitions on the side and have a wonderful family. I enjoy writing a variety scripts in differing genres.

I play as much as life allows now, usually two maybe three nights a week for a few hours dependant on my work/life load. If the Guild has a calendar of events that would be really handy as I can preplan when I can be on.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application for Horalius Sanguinesky   Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:30 am

Poke myself, Anthrios or Melanthiner ingame for an IC interview.
Back to top Go down

Application for Horalius Sanguinesky
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1