Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application : Isilyar Darktongue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isilyar

PostSubject: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:37 pm

[1] Character's name ingame: Isilyar Darktongue
[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well: Warlock ( Demonology for pve and Affliction for pvp) currently lvl 15 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Isilyar/simple http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Isilmer/simple ( main)

[3] Professions: Enchanting and Inscription

• [4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: Duty, but also the chance to go beyond the borders of his country and seek out the  one he needs.

• [5] Background of your character OR an in character application:

Isilyar always prided himself over his extensive knowledge of magic, but as mage he  always had a keen interest in the arts beyond that of the arcane.

One night, after the invasion of Quel’thalas, a faceless figure haunted his dreams and told him a little of the forecoming future. These visions endured for weeks. Sleepless nights piled up, pushing him over the edge. Isilyar finally gave in and tested the fel tainted magic brought forth by the Legion.
So far Isilyar still has complete control over his newfound power, but only because his clings to his vanity and pride.

Unknown to the Highborne, Isilyar is an ancestor of Isilmer Silvertongue. He sought out the boy to figure out why the mage was in the visions, brought forth by the demon.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF: I fancy myself a mature player, who has a fondness for magic and such. That is why I only play caster type classes. Isilyar will be my second character, so I am quite anxious to play him and to discover how far I get go with him.

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: Through an ex-guild member of Nature’s Grasp who is now in the Burning Dawn.

• [7] Why do you want to join us?: Mostly because of the Sin’dorei centric playerbase and even though Isilyar has his own plans, he does feel it is his duty to use his powers for his own people.

• [8] Your experience in WoW: I have been playing for nearly a year and love the escape and the distressing factor it brings in my life.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying: I have been roleplaying for a few months with the members of Nature’s Graps, a Kaldorei centric guild.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? It isn’t really that hard?

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay? I have so far been able to think about it logically and don’t remember myself ever haven fallen for it. I do however advise my friends beforehand (often through skype) just in case.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: I am 23 year old student who works part-time in retail. I draw, paint and write fiction.
I usually play a few hours a day or less, I do dare to stay  I often stay during the wee hours while roleplaying, but only on free days.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Quote :
Unknown to the Highborne, Isilyar is an ancestor of Isilmer Silvertongue. He sought out the boy to figure out why the mage was in the visions, brought forth by the demon.

I wonder if you mixed up the words descendant and ancestor? A blood elf can hardly be old enough to be an ancestor to a highborne Smile
Back to top Go down
Melanthenir

PostSubject: Re: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Hello there friend! - Nice to see you Kal'dorei scum appreciate elven perfection!

I must say, it's always great to see more "casters" around the placed. I was wonder if you could maybe give us some more information about your Character -- I'm a sucker for Character stories, and while that isn't essential, I feel it's a great way for your to get in touch with your inner toon!

I see nothing wrong with the application, other than the thing Nessra has highlighted.

I hope to see you soon!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Isilyar

PostSubject: Re: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Nessra wrote:
Quote :

I wonder if you mixed up the words descendant and ancestor? A blood elf can hardly be old enough to be an ancestor to a highborne Smile

I'm quite confused.

Isilyar was a Quel'dorei before being a Sin'dorei, such as most of us were.

And my Highborne mage isn't that old.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
PostSubject: Re: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Highborne and high elves are slightly different, although most wikis seem to mix them up. Highborne evolved into high elves somewhere along the way.

Furthermore, all the old and young blood elves died after the siege of Sunwell, because the withdrawal from magic proved to be too much to them. Blood elves reach social adulthood around the age of 60-110, their middle age begins from 175 and old age from 380+. It seems unlikely that any of the surviving elves would reach thousands of years, unless they were major lore characters (the same way certain important humans lived up to be over 700 years old, but an average person would barely reach even 100).

EDIT: Found an entry about the difference of Highborne vs. high elves

Quote :
These exiled Highborne, now known as the high elves,[7] took their punishment in stride, and led by Dath'Remar Sunstrider ("He who walks the day") set sail across the ocean in hopes of finding a new land to call their own. After a long and perilous journey, the Highborne arrived in the land known today as Lordaeron, and there established their kingdom of Quel'Thalas ("high kingdom" or "high home") and crowned Dath'Remar their king. There, they slowly changed in form, diminishing in size and losing their original purple skin to a pinkish hue. They abandoned the worship of the moon, adopting instead the sun, and became the high elves.
Back to top Go down
Isilyar

PostSubject: Re: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:12 am

[quote="Nessra"]Highborne and high elves are slightly different, although most wikis seem to mix them up. Highborne evolved into high elves somewhere along the way.

Furthermore, all the old and young blood elves died after the siege of Sunwell, because the withdrawal from magic proved to be too much to them. Blood elves reach social adulthood around the age of 60-110, their middle age begins from 175 and old age from 380+. It seems unlikely that any of the surviving elves would reach thousands of years, unless they were major lore characters (the same way certain important humans lived up to be over 700 years old, but an average person would barely reach even 100).

hmm yeah, did make a mistake there with the Highborne vs High Elf.

Still old, doesn't mean weak. But I can always change it that they're related to one another, not that it matters much does it?

Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
PostSubject: Re: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:03 am

After a chat ingame, accepted Smile
Back to top Go down
Isilyar

PostSubject: Re: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:29 am

So I finally got wow on my best friend's pc aswell, so I should be able to visit you guys till Sunday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application : Isilyar Darktongue   

Back to top Go down

Application : Isilyar Darktongue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sin Belore :: Public :: Applications-
Jump to: