Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Subcinctus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sylthess

Character sheet
Name:
Class:

PostSubject: Application: Subcinctus   Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:00 pm

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

[1] Character's name ingame: Sylthess Dawnweaver

[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well: Female Destruction Warlock (not yet built; will build it and start leveling while waiting for response) with Demonology off-spec

[3] Professions: Engineering and Mining, will take tailoring instead of mining when engineering is maxed; Subcinctus has inquisitive mind, and likes to tinker with both things magical and things mechanical.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: Vengeance is the force behind many actions Sylthess makes. Vengeance against those who almost destroyed her homeland. Vengeance against those who prayed on her people when they were most vulnerable, against those who instead of giving a helping hand tried to put them to the sword. But most of all vengeance for the hunger that wrecked her when the Sunwell was corrupted. Sin Belore offers a great opportunity to sate her burning hate and thirst for retribution. She needs allies and feels she can be an asset to them in return.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: Sylthess was a young mage apprentice enlisted into mage order and training in Dalaran. When the Silvermoon fell and Sunwell was drained of its energies, she was devastated, and only through the wisdom and help of her Kirin Tor mentors was she able to keep her sanity and persevere. Through this dark time, magical energies coursing through the very city were barely enough to satiate her hunger. She became distanced, even from her mentors, and started preferring solitude. Another reason for this is that she was contacted by a demonic host, and offered relief of her peril. A pact was made, a deal struck, and she embarked, secretly, on a darker path of blood magic. She was granted a Verdant sphere, and was thought to better harness the destructive forces that lurked beneath magic. It was during that time that her Prince and many of her brothers and sisters were brought to the dungeons of Dalaran. When they made their escape, Sylthess, angered by Kirin Tor treachery slew her mentor and joined them in their escape and found herself in Outland. There, under the guidance of Illidan and his lackeys, and ever closer to demonic corruption, she embraced the fel energies and her transformation was complete. She was now a blood mage and a warlock, dancing on a dangerous ledge between demonic possession and hunger.
However, she was also not blind, and what was happening to her people under this dark influence was more than disturbing. Her Prince fell to madness, and Illidan's agenda slowly started shaping into an awful truth - powers granted had a price, and everybody was expendable. She looked for a chance to escape, and got it when The Seer laid his weapons down in front of A'dal. She was among those who followed him. Although they later took on the emblem of Scryers, she never joined them. It was her decision to go through the portal and return to her homeland. Once back on Azeroth, she found out that, this far from demonic forces, her power waned. It was there, but so much weaker than when she was in Outland. Even though Shattered Sun offensive managed to restore the Sunwell, her connection to its pure energies was irrevocably severed. Then, in restored Silvermoon she learned that her whole family fell during the siege led by the Scourge. She decided to avenge her family, her torment and her people. She will be patient. She will seek power, she will become stronger, she will gain allies - and thralls if need be - and when the time comes she will have her revenge.

RP hooks:
- Sylthess is quick to anger. She may lash out if she feels she is threatened.
- She understands authority. She knows that she alone cannot fulfill her ultimate task - to find all those who wronged her (and in turn her people) and she acknowledges military superiority of her higher ranked peers.
- She is often led by "fight fire with fire" concept, which sometimes can bring a world of hurt upon her.
- She is still connected to her mage background. Although she now commands demonic powers, she prefers using them to augment her fire magic capabilities (this explains the choice of destruction school over other two specs). This doesn't mean, however, that binding and controlling lesser demons is beyond her.
- From time to time a burst of fel energies leaps out of her control and takes possession over her (this explains demonology off-spec). She has learned to put some rein on this, and can use it as an asset  in combat, if needed.

In Game necessities:
-Glyph of Verdant Spheres (minor) is a must as it fits the character background. This will probably be taken as a first minor glyph at lvl 25, although burning embers are gained at lvl 42. At the very least, once burning embers are available, Glyph of Verdant Spheres must replace the one in use, which in turn can be used again at level 50.
-Other important glyphs are Conflagrate and Healthstone. Others and off-spec ones are not important in the beginning.
-Appropriate gear will be found/bought in time to allow transmogrification into looks I want for this character.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: I was looking for a nice medium populated RP server with /or without PvP. After I read through several threads, this realm seemed to offer what I was looking for. Then it was a simple search for active horde RP guilds on the realm and name Sin Belore showed up again and again.

[7] Why do you want to join us?: Although I am a huge fan of RPGs and RP in general, I have never played it in WoW (well not in computer franchise). I wanted to try it out, and did the research which brought me here.

[8] Your experience in WoW: I have played WoW since vanilla (on and off), through TBC and WotLK. After launch of Cata, I didn't like what it was bringing at the time, and coupled with some IRL issues, I decided to quit WoW and gave my account to my nephew as a gift. However, upon launch of MoP, I liked what I read (except two things Pandaren should have been NPC race/faction; Monk is completely out of place IMHO, and I would have liked to see Runemaster as monk-like class instead). I played until 5.2 and then my IRL needed my attention so I made a 3 month break. I am back now, and I want to try RP aspect of the game.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying: I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons since 1st edition to this day. I was GM since 2nd edition. At this moment I am GMing 2 D&D games (one set in Eberron ~lvl 15 characters which is going on for almost 2 years now; one e6 which I started 4 months ago), playing in 3. Apart from D&D, and am also Storytelling VtM and other White Wolf games, as well as Star Wars d20 and saga edition, Warcraft/WoW PnP, and some others less known games. I never RPed in WoW, but I think I can fit in. Also, I am a member (although not active for some time) of "Zeleni Barjak" LARP group from Novi Sad, Serbia.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? I think so. I am used to RPGs and RP in general. However, if I do make a mistake, I promise I will learn from it Smile

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay? I know the terms all too well, and from time to time I have a player in my D&D group who tries to pull it off. Needless to say, I know how to deal with it, and hence, know how not to do it myself, and why.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: My name is Miroslav, and I am 31 years old. I live and work in Serbia as an assistant professor of molecular biology at college. My schedule is pretty loose, and I can change it to best fit my plans (however, once set, it is not flexible). Ofc, I will have to think about it at the end of September when I start working full time and not before that. I sleep around 4-5 hours a day normally, so I have time to fit everything in one day. I am in a steady relationship with a girl who is a gamer herself, although not a fan of WoW :/
In game, I am friendly, helpful, I enjoy good humor. I am fantasy lore freak (not just WoW), and I've read a lot of materail concerning WoW, including books (I own several Warcraft books).

This is it. Thank you for Your time. Hope to hear from you soon Smile

Last edited by Subcinctus on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit: Fixed to acommodate name change to fit guild naming rules)
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application: Subcinctus   Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:15 pm

The application looks good otherwise, but I hope you didn't name your character Subcinctus as it would go against our naming rules. Sylthess, however, would be fine. Which one is the real ingame name?
Back to top Go down
Sylthess

Character sheet
Name:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Application: Subcinctus   Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Okay, changed the name to accommodate guild naming rules. I just started the character, so it is not a bother to reroll.
Thanks for quick reply.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application: Subcinctus   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

In that case, poke myself or Anthrios ingame for an IC interview.
Back to top Go down
Arandros

Character sheet
Name: Arandros
Class: Warlock
PostSubject: Re: Application: Subcinctus   Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:24 pm

I'll just point out, since you mentioned the Verdant Spheres. When you are destruction, unless you are building up Embers in combat you will have a default 1 ember... So you will just have one sphere above your head. Where as in affliction, you will have all 3 (Or 4 if you glyph for an extra one).

Application looks nice, as Nessra said. Seems like you have put some thought into character development. That always bodes well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Subcinctus   

Back to top Go down

Application: Subcinctus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1