Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application - Tamarra Darksun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tamarra

PostSubject: Application - Tamarra Darksun   Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:50 pm

[1] Character's name ingame: Tamarra Sin'Thoria Darksun

[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well: Death Knight, 90, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Tamarra/simple

[3] Professions: Mining, 411/Blacksmithing, 315

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: She is a fighter, but she currently doesn't have anything to fight for.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: Slightly bitchy, wary of everyone she doesn't know but not unwilling to get to know them. Can very quickly shift from neutral, to furious and back, but does not openly display such feelings very often, prefering to keep up the pretenses that she does in fact not have feelings.

*A letter shows up in your recruitement office*

"Sir, or Ma'am.

I wish to join your ranks if such an arrangement can be made. I live in Windrunner Village, I don't do a lot. I have experience of battle from the scourge attack on Silvermoon, as well as countless battles in Northrend after that. We should perhaps speak further of this. I'm not often in Silvermoon, but ask for Silver in Murder Row and she can deliver letters for me.

High Lady Tamarra Darksun."

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: By friends and reputation.

[7] Why do you want to join us?: My current guild is very very empty, I enjoy roleplay but doesn't get any due to not knowing a lot of people outside of my, now missing, guildies.

[8] Your experience in WoW: Started playing in Cata, has DPSed almost every raid save Naxx and Cata content, tanked LFR in MoP. Not a lot of PvP experience, but knows how to hit things dead.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying: Been roleplaying since long before I started WoW, always coming up with new personalities and stories. Considers myself averagely good and does my best to keep Mary sue far far away. Knows not to Godemote and powerplay.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? I am rarely in these channels except for possibly yelling something back to a boss, so I believe so yes.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay? Yes, and yes, as mentioned above.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm 19, from sweden. I'm currently in my 13th year of school but hopes to be done by Christmas this year. Currently mostly online between 9am and 4pm, due to not having internet in my home, but could possibly be on until later if there's something going on, or on occasions when I'm not going home. Is planning on fixing my internet trouble once my economy is better.
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application - Tamarra Darksun   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Hello Tamarra,

I have a few issues I'd like to discuss before approving or denying this application.

First of, I am not quite sure what a High Lady is. Perhaps some self-proclaimed lady who's snorted too much dust? In fact, the only reference to a High Lady I can find is in the "A Wheel of Time" seriers. On top of that I think too many people already call their role play characters "Lords" and "Ladies", without a good reason why they earned said title. Can you please explain that to me?

Also... There is very little background to your character. That is a bit of a shame as you suggest you have experience in role play with various characters and backgrounds. To me personally, Tamarra now comes off as a spoiled brat that has no place in a military unit.

Can you please tell us a little bit more about Tamarra and who she is, before we proceed to an In Character interview? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sylvaelynn

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tamarra Darksun   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 am

Of course, pardon although I have roleplayed a lot I have honestly never written an application before.

High lady is her self-given title according to being the current 'Lady' of the house Darksun, high lady is because she have several daughters who can also titulate themselves Lady Darksun. In my own little bubble it's a quite unknown noblehouse seated in Windrunner Village. She remains there because she's dead, although her daughters have scattered around the world and there are no other Darksuns (Of course there is on the server, I have met at least two, but they are not part of my bubble).

As for background, this might get tedious to read, sorry if it comes off very ... biased.

She used to be a warlock, married off to her late husband soon before her father died, lived quite peacefully in her home as a wife and mother, then helped in the defence of Silvermoon when the scourge came and died from a heartfailure trying to cast a spell too powerful for her. She got resurrected as a Death Knight with no memories nor feelings, only knowing something was missing. She served the Lich King, of course, and when she was freed she went of searching for the missing pieces of her puzzle. She found one of her old demons in service of a new Mistress and that demon filled the gaps, so she took it back and now lives with her in her old down-run home.

Currently she's mostly just out killing scourge remaining in the Ghostlands, and for a while signed in Pandaria for the Horde, before leaving when Garrosh started to get, according to her, even more of a nutcrack. She houses no sentiment for the Horde other than as temporary allies, other than different elves, and she feels she currently lacks a reasonable argument for her continued existance, thus she tries to enroll into something more structurized. She also tries to become some kind of military due to the fact that she knows nearly nothing about anything else, and she wants some kind of social interaction with people aside from her imp, fel hound and sayaad whom she got back by tricking and killing their Mistresses and rebinding them to her sword, since that's her soul.

Sorry for my failure, I'm not very good at opening my head I'm afraid, and I rarely engage in roleplay with people I have not talked to before, which I hope to change.
Back to top Go down
Tamarra

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tamarra Darksun   Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:40 am

Oh and for the record, she rarely actually uses the title, due to not feeling herself eligable to it(being dead and all) and because she never wanted to be a lady anyway.

I don't know why I wrote it like that... I believe she hoped to sway the opinion of the recruiting officer by seeming powerful.
Back to top Go down
Arandros

Character sheet
Name: Arandros
Class: Warlock
PostSubject: Re: Application - Tamarra Darksun   Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Hello there, Tamarra.

I have a couple of issues, they can be altered fairly easily. I fear that you may not be completely complicit with the lore of demons and their summonings. Lesser demons can be summoned from the nether if you know its approximate location, other more powerful demons such as the Shivarra, Observers etc require you to know their name or for them to swear fealty to you based on either their own desires or you convincing them. A demon would never willingly help a mortal, even with memory. For they would think they hold something over you and use such power. They a malevolent and devious. The likelihood of someone else summoning the same demon once bound to you would be similar to picking up the same grain of sand as someone else. Demons number in the millions.

I would recommend altering your story, a Death Knight would eventually regain their memories on their own once broken from the suffocating will of the Lich King. If you wish to continue with the story of a former Warlock, it would be likely that as a Death Knight you would be more potent in one of the three aspects of their power. Unholy, for the summoning aspect and torment of diseases. Blood as warlocks possess some manipulation of blood magics or Frost due to its destructive nature. Otherwise it's not a bad background, just requires some polishing. It may look like I have wrote a lot but that is merely to inform you on the current lore for demons and their summoning which was iterated in the latest Warlock quest chain. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Arandros Dawnstar
Back to top Go down
Tamarra

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tamarra Darksun   Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Thank you, I am not very well versed in demon lore, it was just me and a friend playing in a sort of bubble and I got so attached I wanted to keep the general plan behind Tam.

Tam is a blood manipulator, both IC and OOC, although at times unholy but only in the gheist part.

I am willing to go outside my bubble and skip the demon part now that I've been informed, seeing as it wasn't quite meant to be general RP anyway(me and the friend play a lot, mostly lorebreaking crackhead ideas running around between us).
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest
PostSubject: Re: Application - Tamarra Darksun   Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Dear Tamarra,

We are happy to hear you are willing to change your background in order to fit the lore. This is not so much about getting you out of your bubble or comfort zone, but to secure our place on the realm as a guild.

I can over you an In Character interview under two conditions:

A. You indeed drop the demon part of your Death Knight
B. You will use this character for serious roleplay according the lore.

We do not really care what you do on alts with friends in hidden places, but if we are to accept you in the guild, you'll be wearing our Guild Tag <Sin Belore>. We have a good reputation on Defias Brotherhood and we would very much like to keep it that way.

Contact Nessra, Anthrios or Sylvaelynn in guild. We are currently in Azshara in a ongoing event "The Rebellion".

Kind regards,
~Sylvaelynn

PostSubject: Re: Application - Tamarra Darksun   

Back to top Go down

Application - Tamarra Darksun
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1