Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Altarill Sunstorm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Altarill

Character sheet
Name:
Class:

PostSubject: Application: Altarill Sunstorm   Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:58 am

[1] Character's name as it appears above your character's head: Altaríll, Altarill Sunstorm

[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well: Warrior, 90, Arms/Fury
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Altar%C3%ADll/advanced

[3] Professions: Mining and Blacksmithing, both very low. With the intent to level them, but lacking motivation.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?: A retired veteran, Altarill has grown bored with the life of an honoured citizen of Silvermoon (although secretly he enjoys gardening). He wants a banner to serve under once more.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: Wall of text incoming. I apologise.

Altarill is an old warrior. Having little more than the basic skill with magic possessed by all Blood Elves, the majority of his childhood was spent training with the best Elvish weaponmasters his father could afford, until he could join the Thalassian Army. There, he served with pride until the Scourge invasion that decimated his people - he was traumatized by seeing his friends and family butchered, and resigned from his Sergeant rank as soon as the Scourge left.

When the Scourge again threatened Azeroth, Altarill was a rather broken soul. He had fallen in with a band of mercenaries, and it was with those he gambled, drunk and fought his way through Northrend - fighting for the highest bidder. After an almost-brawl with some Sunreavers in a bar in Dalaran only a few weeks before Lichfall, 'Rill decided to pack in the mercenary business and returned to Silvermoon a very rich man. He never really spent the money on anything massive, instead buying himself a white Hawkstrider and an Orcish Wyvern. Quickly, however, he got bored with the endless politics and lack of progression in rebuilding his home, and left to seek glory with the rest of the Horde in Orgrimmar.

It was there he stumbled into a group known as the Mok'lohn Command. His story there is one of bloodshed, broken bones, and thanks to his skill with a blade and previous military experience, a quick romp up the ranks - to become Champion of the Reaver Regiment, one of the more prestigious ranks among three that made up the right hand of the Warlord. There he led proudly and well, serving under three Warlords as the leader of the primary frontline regiment until an unfortunate incident befell him.

While on leave in Quel'thalas, he decided to ride his trusty personal Wyvern, Raum, into the Ghostlands to see what remained of his father's old estate. There, he was set upon by a small band of Kaldorei Sentinels. Despite fighting hard, one slipped step brought his face into the path of a descending glaive - and it was there he lost his right eye. Fate was not with him, however, as while he screamed and reeled in pain from being blinded, a second Glaive sheared through the thin leather at the back of his knee and took his right leg straight off. He collapsed, and would have been killed had it not been for the timely intervention of a Farstrider patrol. After a lengthy stay in hospital and a period serving the new Warlord of the Mok'lohn - an old friend - as an advisor, 'Rill took an honourable discharge and set about finding a Warp Engineer to make him a prosthetic leg. This he did, and after eighteen months or so of retirement and getting used to his false leg, he began to train again. He served a couple of Nobles as Retainers for a while, but the lack of frontline action infuriated him - so he took his retirement and went back to his gardening.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: The Argent Dawn Forum

[7] Why do you want to join us?: I like the concept, I like all-Belf Military guilds, and I want to get back into RPing Altarill again.

[8] Your experience in WoW: Four years of roleplaying almost every evening as almost every race, and amateur endgame content. A stint in a 2v2 team on my Death Knight.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying: Four years of WoW RPing. Several D&D 3.5 and 4.0 campaigns. 8 years of forum-based roleplay including Admin-ship on one, and 13 years of playing Warhammer 40k, WFB, Dark Heresy, Deathwatch, Mordheim, Necromunda, Blood Bowl and Inquisitor.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? I've managed it so far.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay? Again, managed it so far.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)
I'm 21, from Reading - England. Philosophy Graduate from Anglia Ruskin University, currently unemployed though not for lack of looking. I play most evenings when I'm not at the pub, or round a friends playing Magic - The Gathering.

Hey look, a picture! Altarill as a young man with his little sister, drawn by one of my friends.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application: Altarill Sunstorm   Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:04 am

Looks good, although I do wonder how a prosthetic leg affects on someone who fights at the front line... I guess we'll have to call him cannon fodder until we know for sure!

Poke an Officer ingame and we'll give you an IC interview: Anthrios, Zeleha(me), Kaleil
We're still waiting for our original guild to transfer over from Defias to AD, so the nameholder guild on AD will be disbanded at some point. If you've joined already when that happens and you find yourself guildless, just ask for a new guild invite.
Back to top Go down

Application: Altarill Sunstorm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1