Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Eidel Skyfire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eidel

Character sheet
Name: Eidel
Class: Hunter
PostSubject: Application: Eidel Skyfire   Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:28 am

CHARACTER

[1] Character’s name as it appears above your character’s head: (if your character has a another name she/he uses IC, as well as last name or nick name, add those as well)

Character name: Eidel
In character name: Eidel Skyfire
Nickname: Peg Leg Eidel

[2] Character’s class and level, preferably a link to armoury as well:

Hunter, level 90.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Eidel/simple

[3] Professions:

Leatherworking and skinning.

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:

“Can you believe? Yes, I have indeed grown bored of warm food and a soft bed. Of being lulled into the false sense of security and contentment that befalls those staying safely inside fortified marble walls for any length of time.

I find myself daydreaming about hard ground where a rock somehow always found a way to chafe my hip, and endless supplies of jerky and smoked sunscale salmon. I daydream of the echoing drums calling us to arms, resonating through us all like a tide to wake the urge to vanquish enemies of the High Kingdom.

And most of all, I miss my comrades’ foolish grins and solemn oaths to watch each other’s backs so we could all return to camp to more jerky and delightful monotony.”

Fresh blood. New acquaintances. General boredom after a longer hiatus from the army life, as a personal challenge, and a desire to be part of shaping the new future that is on the horizon as a result of the rebellion and now the Siege of Orgrimmar.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don’t need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character’s personality, motives and such)
*This is an important section – plase ensure you give us something to work with!*

Born into a family of foragers, hunters and the occasional Farstrider, Eidel learned the arts of living off the land and trust her aim early on. The tendency to strive for perfection was present in her as it was in most others, and while some would argue that her life was hardly eventful, no one could dispute the fact she came to know her way around both the wilderness and the bow.

Both loyalty to the High Kingdom and an idealistic view lead her to be one of the few of her line to throw her lot in with the Thalassian Army. An outrunner and archer for roughly a decade, her ambitions were loftier than a mere footsoldier however. Accepted for training by the aviary on Quel’danas, she eventually joined the ranks of windriders and took to the skies.

The Fall of Silvermoon came and went, and in the wake of the destruction Eidel was one of countless who felt they had lost most, if not all, that defined their life. Kith and kin was lost. The severed connection to the destroyed Sunwell plagued her as it did others. And on top of this was the daily struggle to remain alive – an infected wound eventually resulting in amputation of her left leg.

Peg Leg Eidel. Her sunny disposition soured, and overcome by a gloomy mood Skyfire did little to fight through the brambles in her path. At first.

Self-pity turned to loathing how she had let herself fall into decline and worse – to fall prey to what seemed like a bleak future – Eidel picked up the reins to steer her own life again. Battling her way back to health and acceptance for the lifeless, unbecoming prosthetic that replaced her leg, her progress was slow, but progress none the less.

Subsequent years roaming the forest, raising a new avian companion, hunting, foraging and using shambling creatures in Ghostlands for target practice, the stubbornness that drove her has now driven her onwards to rekindling old ambitions and her want to return to active duty.

PLAYER

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

Through the realm forum.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:

To try out a new old venue. Not a rookie when it comes to military RP, it’s merely been a few years since I last visited that corner of the RP scene. In addition, I always find a military concept more appealing when rank plays a role in behavour while on duty, rather than a loosely defined and often neglected hierarchy.

[8] Your experience in WoW:

PvE: Something of an altoholic and have leveled every class to level 85. Did competitive progression raiding through Wrath and parts of Cataclysm.

PvP: Dipped my toes into PvP in Wrath.

RP: Picked up when TBC came out when I became a more active player than I was in vanilla.

[9] Your experience in roleplaying:

Some ten years or so, using forums, IM programs and doing collaborative stories between several friends in semi RP-mode. RP in WoW since TBC and also tried RP in GW2 and SW:TOR.

[10] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? Do you ever use brackets (()), and if so, when?

Yes, I am. And I don’t use brackets. At all. If it’s dire times and I need to AFK or log, I use general, party-chat or whispers instead. I could go into an endless rant about how incredibly annoying I find brackets, but I’ll keep it at finding them incredibly annoying.

[11] Are you familiar with the terms of god-emoting and meta-gaming, and do you think you are able to avoid those traps in your roleplay?

Yes. And yes again.

[12] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, where do you live, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play etc.)

Since I prefer to keep my personal life separate from my in-game activities (I’m there to relax and get away from busy every-days after all), I’ll divulge that I’m 24 for the sake of your age limit, and keep it at that.

For game time, I’m on more or less every day.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application: Eidel Skyfire   Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Eidel wrote:
I could go into an endless rant about how incredibly annoying I find brackets, but I’ll keep it at finding them incredibly annoying.
I love you

Whisper one of our recruiting officers online and we'll give you an IC interview: Anthrios, Kaleil, Nessira/Zeleha

Back to top Go down

Application: Eidel Skyfire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sin Belore :: Public :: Applications-
Jump to: