Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Roleplaying and your Blood Elf

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kristeas

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Class: Blood Knight

PostSubject: Roleplaying and your Blood Elf   Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:19 pm

This is for all the new roleplayers that would like to join (or have already joined) that are not sure about their Blood Elf lore (history, important events, the always troubling "how old is my elf", etc).
While I would recommend going to wowpedia.com for a summary, it IS a lot of information to take in at once.
There are many more places to get information, but this should prove a starts.

Clickables:
All the World's a Stage: Sin'dorei
You.
Yourself.
Your language.
One guide among many.
One of many timelines.

Age is a fickle thing. Also because sources can't decide on what is true. One (that you can find on wowpedia under lifespans) gives Blood Elves and High Elves a lifespan of a couple hundred years atleast. But another source (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/encyclopedia/339.xml when I last checked.) gives us several thousand years.
I can't really say what the whole guild thinks of this and what is accepted, but I can share how I view aging of blood elves.
The first twenty or so years are as they are for a human, atleast in physiological growth. After that comes a couple of decades where the Blood Elf (or High Elf) socially matures and picks up experience and trades that they are willing to perform for a while.
It is in my knowledge assumed that Elves pick a job and then do it for the rest of their lives unless something big happens, like the invasion of Quel'thalas by the Scourge, or to a lesser and more indivicual extent, a crippling injury. Anyhow, around 80 they would be an adult in the eyes of society (wowpedia lifespans gives a sin'dorei adulthood at between 60 and 110). And from then on, it's more important what an Elf does and is capable of doing.

While there are aristocratic elements in the Thalassian government, you don't climb the ladders of succes by slacking. Ranger-General? Badass bow(woman)ship. Grand Magister? Hold my hat while I summon a giant bird made of fire. King? Watch as I stop the entire invasion force by making a shield. By the way, Anasterian (that's your last true King) was a great warrior and mage, able to fight Arthas almost as an equal (untill Anasterian injured Arthas' horse and Arthas enraged) when he was over 3000 years old.

When you RP, take note of the following things:

1. Sin Belore does NOT accept God-emoting. Things like ignoring other people's emotes or dodging/resisting other people's actions to get exactly what you want is an example of this.
2. Sin Belore does NOT accept any RP that is forced onto others without their consent. This concerns things like rape, murder and other pretty harsh things to throw onto a character.
3. Sin Belore is also a military guild. If you or your character can't RP according to a military format and gets offended when people pull rank on you, then this is not a guild for you.
4. Officers are now allowed to give quick smacks as a form of discipline that can be forced (for expediency more than anything). If an officer however chooses to allow you the option to avoid (eg - Olearia swipes her hand to smack you across the face) then if you do choose to avoid it be prepared for a follow up! They are there as punishments for minor infractions, please treat them as such

If we, the officers of Sin Belore feel you are breaking these guidelines, then a /gkick could be coming your way. We aren't bullies or people with sticks up their arses that feel like we're so elite and awesome that new RPers aren't welcome in our ranks, we just want to create a fun RP environment for all of our members.

Edit: I do want to hear it if someone has other sources, ideas, interpretations, feedback in general. I can only speak from my own experiences and observations and I by no means want to state that I'm right and any other way is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Kristeas

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Class: Blood Knight

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying and your Blood Elf   Fri May 13, 2011 7:04 pm

For those that haven't played the game, like me:

/blindlyassumesthatit'strueandnotafake
Back to top Go down

Roleplaying and your Blood Elf
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1