Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Saraelis Dawnshade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saraelis

Character sheet
Name: Saraelis
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Application: Saraelis Dawnshade   Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:05 am

Psst, not the only gear set she possesses.

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

[1] Character's name as it appears above your character's head: (if your character has a another name she/he uses IC, as well as last name or nick name, add those as well)
Character name: Saraelis
IC name: Saraelis Dawnshade
She will always pronounce her last name with the Thalassian language toggled, even to non-elves.

[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:
Level 90 Rogue <- Click!

[3] Professions:
Skinning/Leatherworking, 600/566

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:
Saraelis is somebody who always found her own way, made her own profit and always felt that relying on others is a weakness. However, she's been out of a job recently and discovered that cooperating with others can greatly benefit either herself or the thing she loves most: Quel'Thalas. Basically, she feels it's time to stop messing around in her viscious circle.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application:
I've decided to go for a background instead of an in character application. So, here goes.
Saraelis is arrogant and patriotic. She always speaks in Thalassian to other elves and greatly dislikes any other language (even goes as far to call them barbaric or primitive). She's proud to be a blood elf, but not so proud to be part of the horde. She doesn't even regard herself to be part of the horde, unless it benefits her in some way or another. (I think this applies for many Blood Elves.)
She wears make-up to enhance her facial features, claiming that she makes that what is already gorgeous even more gorgeous.
All in all, she's pretty full of herself, but isn't an arse to her own kin; they are superior to the other races, like she is, after all. She doesn't like losing, even though it happened to her plenty. She's not some godlike warrior. She's simply trained, nothing more, nothing less, and won't quickly admit that she is defeatable.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:

I've seen the guild tag around Silvermoon City, but only looked into it on the AD forums, when I was looking for a blood elf themed guild.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:
As I said in the previous question, I'm looking for a blood elf themed guild that fits my character. She is not a criminal nor someone who would stick around the city 100% of the time, so I went searching for a guild that would give me some opportunity to do more. I found many guilds, but all of them had at least one thing that made me back away, until I finally found Sin Belore.

[8] Would you say you are a relaxed person with a good sense of humor, or do you often find yourself offended by various subjects?
I'm hardly ever offended on subjects, unless someone is genuinely racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. Jokes I can appreciate, any true form of those I cannot.

[9] Your experience in WoW:
I'm playing since Vanilla, with many breaks in between. I can't even count the breaks, most of them of a couple of weeks/months. The longest break I've had was recently, where I quit when Dragon Soul at the end of Cataclysm came out and returned a week or two ago.

[10] Your experience in roleplaying:
It's hard to put into numbers. I joined the RP scene fairly late, because I was a hardcore raider most of the times. I started RPing about a year and a half ago on Guild Wars 2, but because I missed out on WoW RP, even though I adore the world and lore, I decided to come back and jump in. I've got 5000 hours played on GW2, with about 4000-4500 of those spent IC. A year and a half full time, simply put.
So, yes, I am fairly new at WoW RP, but I make sure to do my research before attempting to have a go at specific character concepts, and adjust accordingly when I get new information.

[11] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? Do you ever use brackets (()), and if so, why?
I quickly learned that brackets are a no-go on WoW. On Guild Wars 2 they are regularly used by people. I personally don't. Staying In Character is not a problem whatsoever.

[12] Are you familiar with the terms: god-emoting, meta gaming & Mary Sue characters? Do you think you will be able to avoid such traps in your roleplay?

I am, indeed, and will stay clear from all of those.

[13] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play during the day/week etc.)

My name's Michael, I'm 24 years old and live in (near) Amsterdam! Currently working, planning to go back to studying come September. In the meantime, I will be starting Spanish courses in January to keep myself at least a little busy. :3
I play every day of the week. There is rarely a day where I skip at least logging on.

If you made it all the way here, (or even if you skipped down), I thank you for taking the time to read my application, and hope to hear back from you! :>
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
PostSubject: Re: Application: Saraelis Dawnshade   Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:34 am

Poke one of our officers ingame and we'll sort out an IC interview: Nessra, Anthrios, Crayven or Sylvaelynn.
Back to top Go down
Menorith

Character sheet
Name: Menorith Sal'rae
PostSubject: Re: Application: Saraelis Dawnshade   Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:57 am

That moment when you see your rogue.. Wait it's not yours QQ
Back to top Go down
Sylvaelynn

Character sheet
Name: Sylvaelynn
Class: Priest