Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Miarindel Sunshadow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miarindel

Character sheet
Name: Miarindel
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Application: Miarindel Sunshadow   Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:38 pm

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

[1] Character's name as it appears above your character's head: (if your character has a another name she/he uses IC, as well as last name or nick name, add those as well)
Character Name:
Miarindel
IC Name:
Miarindel Sunshadow
Will Respond To:
Mia

[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:
Level 90 Rogue

[3] Professions:
None/None (Yet)

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:
Miarindel has wasted away in a corner of Murder Row for some ten years now, since losing everything to the Scourge. In recent weeks, he has been forcibly dragged to his feet by a Blood Knight Master, Elsarae; while this is much to his distaste, doing something once more makes him feel more akin to his former self, prior to his depression. A firm believer in luck, he currently believes that being unwillingly motivated has worked in favour...though whose favour he is yet unsure. If he never left his corner, he would never have met Saraelis, a fellow Rogue he had once known. It is through Saraelis' words that he entertains the idea of being part of something once more, though it is very much her motivation still & not yet his own.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's motives and such)
Recent:
Covered (accidentally-ish) in [4].
History:
Prior to the events set in motion by Prince Arthas Menethil some ten years ago, Miarindel was among the proudest of husbands and fathers, yet the humblest of quel'dorei. Married to Amelia Snowfields, a young human woman of Lordaeron who he met while on official co-operation duties between their peoples. In time, their love created four children, much to the delight of parents and in-laws alike. Any who could have called Miarindel friend or ally of duty would have heard endless weary stories of how the two families could rarely get on, until of course the birth of his children. In living with his family he adopted many human habits and practices, though he never failed to uphold his quel'dorei heritage and he endeavoured to ensure his children respected that heritage as well. While many would decide to find fault in his path in life, none could doubt his sense of duty. Taking countless roles of military based service in Lordaeron, Silvermoon, Stormwind and even Quel'danas, he could hardly be considered renowned, but he performed his duties admirably.

When the call for the aid of Lordaeron came about, Miarindel was with his parents in Silvermoon. Fearing for his family, his sense of duty manifest as fear for those he loved. Despite travelling with other quel'dorei to Lordaeron, they were too late. Too late was his return to Silvermoon in turn. Ultimately, the Scourge took everything he had ever loved from him. In his failure, he fell into a depression that would consume him for the next decade.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:
Simply through Saraelis OOC, having known the face behind the screen name from another MMO. In looking for RP, now back on WoW, he pointed me to a number of Guilds and ultimately, this is the one we picked.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:
A little reading on my part, with much faith in Saraelis' thoughts and opinions OOC, drove me to apply. I'm looking for a chance to settle into long term RP and the hope is you have that to offer.

[8] Would you say you are a relaxed person with a good sense of humor, or do you often find yourself offended by various subjects?
While I have some issues with anxiety and stress (both of which are being treated) that can lead to some difficulties, I am generally relaxed and laid back. Very little offends me, though homophobia, sexism and such, when spoken with negative intent, will not fly with me. In such cases, I will call people out, to put it simply.

[9] Your experience in WoW:
On and off since Vanilla, large gaps during Vanilla and TBC;
Raided a little during Vanilla and TBC, never hardcore or progress, usually carries/PuGs;
Progress raided WotLK Tier 7, 8 and 9, mostly on 10 man difficulty, 80-90% Heroic progress where applicable;
Hardcore progress raided WotLK Tier 10, 25 man Heroic difficulty cleared, Light of Dawn, Shadowmourne obtained on Death Knight;
Extended break through Cata out of necessity (health issues);
Casually raided Tier 13, 10 man difficulty, no Heroic;
Extended break through Mists out of necessity (money this time);
Returned post Tier 16 for RP and casual PvE, prepping and holding off excitement for Warlords.

[10] Your experience in roleplaying:
Mostly pen and paper, reaching back to Dungeons and Dragons when I was younger thanks to having a DnD obsessed uncle;
More recent pen and papers played would be multiple incarnations of (World of) Warcraft RPG, Dresden Files, Shadowrun, WH40K Dark Heresy;
Large majority of online roleplay found on Guild Wars, which reached through all of the expansions and ultimately led to Guild Wars 2;
Never roleplayed properly on WoW itself (as I mentioned, pen and paper took that spot) though have long had head canon for my Death Knight, a story ever untold;
Not really sure how to put a number on how many years but suffice to say, it's been long enough since I began.

[11] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? Do you ever use brackets (()), and if so, why?
I can easily stay IC on those channels, as I never actually use them. If I find the need to be social I typically find it in /whisper and in the past (with a hope for the future too) in /guild. Brackets were common-place on Guild Wars 2 to rectify any dire mistakes but it's something I adapted to and can adapt to not using them with ease if suggested/necessary.

[12] Are you familiar with the terms: god-emoting, meta gaming & Mary Sue characters? Do you think you will be able to avoid such traps in your roleplay?
I'm familiar with them, as well as some being thrown around all too easily. Yes though, they are easily avoided, I always endeavour to play within the boundaries of the lore.

[13] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play during the day/week etc.)
Due to health restrictions (as mentioned earlier, anxiety, stress and related problems) I do not work and have long since left education. To this end I'm online most hours of the day, every day, unless something gets in the way. While I share my time between a few games such as Warframe, WoW is my only MMO and only source of RP as it stands. I'm closing in on being 25, I have two dogs that I look after (and look after me in turn) and while gaming has long been my love, writing in many forms will always takes the number one spot. I've written much, from personal takes on world events, to fantasy worlds, to fan works. It remains a hope that I'll 'make it' in the world of literature one day but until then I'll keep writing, and fortunately, roleplay counts.

I apologise for any mistakes (grammar or otherwise) in the application. Part way through I had to begin sharing my time between cooking, money, the application and a friend or two...but yes. Thank you for reading the (long winded, I'm sure) app'.
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Application: Miarindel Sunshadow   Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Quote :
homophobia, sexism and such, when spoken with negative intent, will not fly with me.
We do sometimes joke about these subjects, mostly about women in the kitchen, but that's where it ends. None of our members are actually homophobes, racists or sexist in any form or shape, and we expect that from all our new members as well.

That said, feel free to poke one of our officers for an IC interview: Anthrios, Crayven, Nessra or Sylvaelynn.
It might be just me online as most of our officers are busy with Christmas.
Back to top Go down

Application: Miarindel Sunshadow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1