Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Salindril Swiftarrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Salindril Swiftarrow

Character sheet
Name: Salindril
Class: Hunter
PostSubject: Salindril Swiftarrow   Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:25 am

INFO ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER:

[1] Character's name as it appears above your character's head: (if your character has a another name she/he uses IC, as well as last name or nick name, add those as well)
Ranger Salindril Swiftarrow

[2] Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:
Blood Elf Hunter, currently level 20-
Will of course rise quickly.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Salindr%C3%ADl/simple

[3] Professions:
None/None (Yet)

[4] Why does your character want to join the Sin Belore?:
Salindril Swiftarrow, is a skilled, but young Ranger. She has a liking for military actions, and would love to join a military order. She has no problems with following orders and has her manners in check. She seeks new adventures when possible, and like a good challenge. She is great in team work, and would therefor love to join the Sin Belore. She loves to improve her skills and learn from other, and she thinks the Sin Belore is a great place to do so.

[5] Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's motives and such)
Young elf. Has tried to command a smal squadron once, was concidered a natural born leader. Seeks military advancement, however is in general a very polite and caring elf. Never disobey an order given by a commander, and does not stop, untill the job is done, or she is called back by a commander. If major descisions is to be made, will she check with a commander first.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

[6] How did you hear of the Sin Belore?:
Well, actually i didn't. I walked around in Silvermoon and met two of your members.

[7] Why do you want to join us?:
After having read around the forum here, and talked to one of you. Have i gotten a general good impression of you. You seem polite, focused and with an humor i would tag greatly along with. I love RP'ing, it's fun and constantly changing. You seem like a guild, suited for me, in general. It's hard to explain really, but i've got a real good impression of you. And if you choose to take me in, we'll see if you like me aswell  Wink 

[8] Would you say you are a relaxed person with a good sense of humor, or do you often find yourself offended by various subjects?
I have a (some would say bad), grand sense of humor. For me, there is nothing better than a good fun time with the friends. I have no problem with adult humor, like sexual punchlines etc. I'm not offended by racial nor gender jokes, as long however it is a joke. I am no racist, nor will i ever be one, but i like to make jokes as such, when appropriate.

[9] Your experience in WoW:
I've played since the release of The Burning Crusade, so i have a lot of years on my back, and i've been very interrested in the lore, since i played Warcraft III, so lore wise, do i have a great understanding, of historical events etc. I do also have a great understanding of the classes in the game (Max level of each in Cataclysm)

[10] Your experience in roleplaying:
Despite my many years in the game, am i fairly new at roleplaying. I've been doing it casually beforehand, however i've started doing it more seriously, in the last few months. I've been playing alot of Undead Roleplying with The Hand of Agony, an undead guild on Argent Dawn. I've found a great liking in doing so, however i need something else, than the Undead Roleplay. That is why i'm throwing myself into the elven roleplay. Where i constantly seek to improve. I've been reading on it, and i've very much been liking what i've read.

[11] Are you able to stay In Character on following channels: /Say /emote /yell at all times? Do you ever use brackets (()), and if so, why?
I am. I pay close attention to my chat box, so that i know when and where stuff will happen. I've been in raid guilds, pvp guilds and major social guilds, where you need to do pay atttention to keep up. Also have i been doing RP as mentioned before with The Hand of Agony, and they use alot of /e emotions. Also if you miss an emotion or command, then you're in trouble. I do not really use brackets, to be honest.

[12] Are you familiar with the terms: god-emoting, meta gaming & Mary Sue characters? Do you think you will be able to avoid such traps in your roleplay?
I am not. This is where i indeed fall short, and will need training in the world of RP. However i am a quick learner am i told, and i am eager to learn it, so if you are willing to inform me of what it is, and learn me to avoid the traps you mention, then i am more than willing to learn!

[13] Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play during the day/week etc.)
I'm an 19 year old boy, from Denmark. I go to school, however i am on my last year of what's called the Gymnasium in Denmark. I will probably attentend the University of Odense, after the summer. I work at a grocery store and at a lokal public school, where i teach 1-9 graders and take care of youngster after school. However i am a Substitute, and i am only there when called for. I've a girl friend, who also are 19, and goes to the same school as i. I know this sounds like a lot to handle for a nineteen year old, and how can i possibly find time to play. Well honestly it isn't that difficult, i play almost every day, at evenings. In vacation do i also tend to play alot. However in some weekends will i be absent, but when i am not, do i also tend to play alot, usally till late in the evening/night.
I'm looking forward to your reply, and i hope i haven't dulled you completly out! Wink
Happy new years!  cheers 
- Andreas H. Stubkjær Aka Salindril Swiftarrow. Denmark.
(Look me up on facebook if you want further detail, or just ask, i'll gladly reply to any answers!)
Back to top Go down
Nessra

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Class: Rogue
PostSubject: Re: Salindril Swiftarrow   Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:53 am

Application looks good!

Your answer was slightly confusing to me, thus I'll ask you this:
We have a rule against any OOC activity happening on /say, /yell and /emote channels. Same goes for using brackets. This even counts for when you are in OOC mode, questing, doing battlegrounds, raiding or just browsing the auctionhouse in Orgrimmar in the middle of the night. Even if people around you are OOCing and asking you questions in /say - you simply answer them via whispers if necessary, or general chat, or guildchat.. which ever applies Smile
Will this be something you can live with?

If it is, feel free to poke one of our officers online and we'll do the IC interview: Nessra, Anthrios, Crayven, Sylvaelynn.

-------------------

And to answer the question of what is God-emoting, meta-gaming and what is a Mary Sue character:

God-emoting means making an emote that affects another player, without giving them a chance to react first. Therefore, one should always avoid making emotes such as *Nessra grabs Salindril's arm*. Instead one should emote: *Nessra reaches her hand towards Salindri's arm and tries to grab it* to which the other person can then respond to accordingly, whether or not they want their arm to be grabbed.

Meta-gaming is when you know something OOCly and use it in an IC situation even if your character wouldn't have that information IC. For example, someone RPing a law enforcer is given an order to arrest anyone who belongs to a certain guild.  This law enforcer would be meta-gaming if he just started arresting anyone with the right guild tag over their head, but if he only used IC information, such as looking at what tabards they wear, then he wouldn't be meta-gaming.

Mary Sue characters are perfect. Too perfect, in fact. They don't have any noteworthy flaws. They're the most beautiful, most rich, strongest and awesome in everything they do. They have no fears or weaknesses and are as such the wish-fullfillment of their creators. Mary Sues do not make very interesting or credible characters to interact with.
Back to top Go down

Salindril Swiftarrow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sin Belore :: Public :: Applications-
Jump to: