Sin Belore, a Blood Elf RP guild on Argent Dawn (EU)

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Application: Aerynna Starfire

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aerynna

Character sheet
Name: Aerynna Starfall
Class: Hunter
PostSubject: Application: Aerynna Starfire   Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:01 pm

1.Character's name as it appears above your character's head: (if your character has a another name she/he uses IC, as well as last name or nick name, add those as well)
Aerynna Starfire.  Nickname Ren

2. Character's class and level, preferably a link to armory as well:
Hunter – Beast Mastery / Survival Level 100
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Aerynna/simple

3. Professions: Leatherworking 622  Skinning 700
Secondaries – Cooking 693, First aid 690, Fishing 700, Archaeology 387.  Working on getting those up, for something to do.

4. What IC motive does your character have to join a Task force?:  To have a purpose.  To regain a direction and to do what she can for her people.

5. Background of your character OR an in character application: (We don't need to know everything, just something to get a general idea of your character's motives and such)

Her early life was spent growing up in Silvermoon City, before she found herself more interested in the wilds and the wildlife of the world.  She has a thing for large predator cats, and the more exotic beasts that roam the lands.  She has no family, they died when she was still a child, so she can be a bit of a loner.
Was part of the Shatterskull Marauders, based in the Barrens pre Cataclysm.  Been wandering the world making ends meet since then.

INFO ABOUT YOURSELF:

6. How did you hear of the Sin Belore?: Two of my friends have recently joined.  They pointed me at your website and I had a read, now I am applying.

7. Why do you want to join us?: To sample the Blood Elf RP, hoping that it isn’t all the emo, look at me, I’m fab stuff.  Also, two friends recently joined your ranks so I took a bit of time to decide if I was going to get into the RP side of things and well, taking the plunge.

8. Would you say you are a relaxed person with a good sense of humor, or do you often find yourself offended by controversial subjects, even when it's clearly just a joke instead of one's true opinion?
I’m 44.  I have an awesome sense of humour.  The only time I’m liable to bite at someone is homophobia.  Two guesses why :p.  Nah, I’m relaxed and fun – when awake.

9. Your experience in WoW:

Started just after the Burning Crusade was launched.  Got involved with a raiding guild on Azjol Nerub called Flare.  Was a brand new, no clue what we were doing guild.  After 4 weeks I was the raid “morale officer” as I managed to get people up after serious wipes and not kill each other.
2 months later, after the GM had left and the replacement couldn’t handle it, I was made GM.
I did that for just over 4 years, taking Flare into the top 5 raiding guilds on Azjol, running 2 10 man teams and a 25 man mixed team with an allied Guild.
The reason for that ending I’ll tell below, but it lead to a 4 year break from Warcraft.

10. Your experience in roleplaying:
Tabletop RP with friends since I was in high school.  I have played many many roleplaying games as well as GMd a good dozen.
Live Action RPer for decades.  Attend Lorien Trust events in the summer with the occasional sanctioned event here and there.
Assisted in running a Merc RP guild on Guild Wars 2 for about 9 months.
Ran a Jedi RP Guild for 9 months on Star Wars: The Old Republic til the server merge, then helped create a new guild which is still going to this day.
6 months RP on warcraft leading up to cataclysm in a friends guild.

11. Do you currently have any alts or mains in other roleplaying guilds?
Alts yes, in RP guilds – no.

12. Are you able to keep the following channels to In Character messages only, even when you are OOC yourself and think no one will be bothered by a bit of OOC in: /Say  /emote /yell? Do you ever use brackets (()), and if so, why?

Nope don’t OOC in IC channels.  As for (()) only if really needed and it is asking for clarification from a GM of an event if a /w isn’t seen.

13. Are you familiar with the terms: god-emoting, meta gaming & Mary Sue characters? Do you think you will be able to avoid such traps in your roleplay?

Hell yes.

14. Tell us a bit about yourself: (how old are you, do you work or go to school, how much do you usually play during the day/week etc.)
Hello.  I’m Mark.  I am 44 years old.  I’m Gay – lets get that out the way.  Nope, I don’t hit on other guys, I’m not playing a female to get my jollies off…. Yuck…  hehehe
Now as I said, I ran a raiding guild for 4 years.  2011 I had a close call with death.  I had developed a rare liver disease, and was in some serious shit.  After 2 comas ( 4-5 days each) I was left with a mild brain injury.  Affects my memory slightly.  I was also lucky to receive a Liver Transplant mere days after going onto the transplant list.  I am lucky to have a second chance.  That was 4 years ago.  I take immune suppression medication daily to stop my body kicking the replacement organ out, and I also developed diabetes, so I have to stick myself with a needle every day.  Talk about shit happens…
Anyhow, while in Addenbrookes, one of the officers of my guild informed a game GM that I had “passed away” and they needed to have someone take over the guild.
I got out of hospital mid august 2011.  2 weeks later I quit Warcraft because of reasons that are now water under the bridge.
4 years later… I’m back and having a great time just being able to play the game.
As for my time online, I can be on for a few hours here and there, but most of the time, I’m online pretty much when I am awake and at home and not doing other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ishelia

PostSubject: Re: Application: Aerynna Starfire   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Greetings Aerynna/Mark,

We'd love to see you approach either me or Nessra for an IC interview. Smile
Back to top Go down

Application: Aerynna Starfire
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sin Belore :: Public :: Applications-
Jump to: